Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con

Andyzetecs

Hi Guys

During the recent hot weather, i got to use the air con for the first time on my 10 plate Zetec S and well i was a little dissapointed .It was 28 degrees outside so when i put it on i was expecting at artic wind the same as my old focus. What i actual got was a cool breeze yes it was cold but i could have the thing on full blast and recirc and not really feel chilly or have to turn it down:(

Anyone else get the same?

Goes in to ford today to be checked they say i should get -6 to -10

Hi Guys

During the recent hot weather, i got to use the air con for the first time on my 10 plate Zetec S and well i was a little dissapointed .It was 28 degrees outside so when i put it on i was expecting at artic wind the same as my old focus. What i actual got was a cool breeze yes it was cold but i could have the thing on full blast and recirc and not really feel chilly or have to turn it down:(

Anyone else get the same?

Goes in to ford today to be checked they say i should get -6 to -10

I would say mine is the same, good, but not as powerfully cold as the one on my Volvo S40. Interestingly, I have seen similar comments on the Ford Australia Forum, suggesting the Fiesta is more a 'cold climate' car rather than a 'hot climate' one.

Certainly the heater was great during last Winter's heavy freezes. :)

Stewart.

Mine seems pretty good actually. Even on a really hot day if I whack it on Low it will have me feeling chilly in about five minutes. Saying that, the only car I've had previous with aircon was my mk6 and the system in that was rubbish towards the end of the time I owned it.

Mines makes me cold pretty quick, i usually leave it around the middle unless i'm just after a game of football or something else that gets me hot... Sounds inappropriate :D

Im wondering if its because you haven't used it much. It is recommended to run it at least evety couple of weeks even during winter. I find it great in winter for keeping the windows clear when they are cold but the cars warm inside.

In the hot spell a few weeks the aircon + air recirc was great. Really cold, infact I had to turn the temp up. This was with a temp of 28 outside also. Doesn't seem to work its best until the engine is warm though so the first few minutes its only coolish.

Hope you get sorted anyway.

its also worth notin that the aircon works so well at demisting the car over conventional blowers because it removes moisture from the air. so switing the air con on and then add recirculate on after a few mins of blasting aircon thru you should get some nice dry cold/hot air that will do wonders to the humidity inside the car.

it does have a downside though.. other than the extra fuel consumption and power loss.

it makes you're eyes really dry, worse for those with contact lenses i'd imagine..

had mine on full whack earlier and was cold, but not arctic like you'd be led to expect it should be.

glad you got it fixed matey :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club