ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:36 AM

Hi fellas, i know this is a varied topic but basically i needed a descsion on this onc because my standard for air box is a pile of .... and as daft as it sounds you really feel the difference between that and my cone filter. But i had to remove the cone on my service for a new filter for the air box etc etc but i really preferd the noise with out it but liked the extra little kick it gave me in gear (50-60 accel was faster...).

I was wondering what effects the pannel filters has over the cones and vise versa, please note i did have a proper set up with the cone ie air feed and heat shield etc

So what do and would you fit?

Mike

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Ben87

Ben87

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 63 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: MK3 Mondeo TDCi
  • Year: 2004

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

Hi fellas, i know this is a varied topic but basically i needed a descsion on this onc because my standard for air box is a pile of .... and as daft as it sounds you really feel the difference between that and my cone filter. But i had to remove the cone on my service for a new filter for the air box etc etc but i really preferd the noise with out it but liked the extra little kick it gave me in gear (50-60 accel was faster...).

I was wondering what effects the pannel filters has over the cones and vise versa, please note i did have a proper set up with the cone ie air feed and heat shield etc

So what do and would you fit?

Mike

Personally m8 i would go for a K&N panel filter over a cone filter, i had one on my focus even tough it did sound good and i miss the sound my car always struggled to accerlerate at motor ways speeds. Swapped it for a K&N panel filter problem solved!

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

Personally m8 i would go for a K&N panel filter over a cone filter, i had one on my focus even tough it did sound good and i miss the sound my car always struggled to accerlerate at motor ways speeds. Swapped it for a K&N panel filter problem solved!

the honest truthy is rarely do any of these indction kits fair better than the standard box dont believe all this gumf about restrictive intakes car manufacturers spend millions in developing these boxes cones are fine as long as the engines cold once it gets hot under the bonnet as it does even with shields ion place theres massive heat soak a panel filter in the original box is the best set up and thats proven all an induction does is make a nioise and give the illusion of more power the best yoiu can do is get heat reflective material and stick it to the inside of the airbox on the top half drop in a panel filter and away you go

#4 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:59 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Il order that as soon as poss, what can i put on the top of the air box to repel heat though art?

Cheers for the replys to fellas

Mike

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Il order that as soon as poss, what can i put on the top of the air box to repel heat though art?

Cheers for the replys to fellas

Mike

funny you should ask lol try this my son http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item255b0a49d5

its waterproof and heat rflective its sticky and its cheap whats more it worksyou could cover the whole box bottom and top and it will keep it nice and cool

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users