• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hopper8626

Hopper8626

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

I am currently undertaking a project involving my 2006 Focus Zetec. The car has been fitted with the full ST bodykit, and just had a bespoke dual exhaust fitted which looks great. One problem I have is when I have fitted the leather recaro seats. I know these are heated and have the switches to go under the heater controls, however I have drawn a blank from there. My local ford dealer have been worse than useless. Can anyone help with how I may be able to wire in the heater switches? Does this need the main wiring loom? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

I am currently undertaking a project involving my 2006 Focus Zetec. The car has been fitted with the full ST bodykit, and just had a bespoke dual exhaust fitted which looks great. One problem I have is when I have fitted the leather recaro seats. I know these are heated and have the switches to go under the heater controls, however I have drawn a blank from there. My local ford dealer have been worse than useless. Can anyone help with how I may be able to wire in the heater switches? Does this need the main wiring loom? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

After being in the same situation myself with my mk1 with no wiring in place for the heated elements in the seats, from what ford told me i needed a whole new loom for the interior due to there being no seprate loom for just the heated seat part.

However thats on the mk1 focus though not sure about the mk2 chances are its the same, if you can do without id sudjest that mate

Mike

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

After being in the same situation myself with my mk1 with no wiring in place for the heated elements in the seats, from what ford told me i needed a whole new loom for the interior due to there being no seprate loom for just the heated seat part.

However thats on the mk1 focus though not sure about the mk2 chances are its the same, if you can do without id sudjest that mate

Mike

frolm what im told they are the same looms

#4 Hopper8626

Hopper8626

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:39 PM

frolm what im told they are the same looms

Thanks guys for the reply thought it might be a non starter

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users