Show
Photo

Air Bag And Facelift Compatability Question :)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 89rallye

89rallye

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 130 Tdci Zetec

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

Howdy all,

Sorry if this is a stupid question (mainly second part) but i'm pretty new to Ford's.

My g/friend has pranged our mondeo as stated eleswhere, the dash and drivers air bag has gone off. Now the cars a 55 plate so do I need to replace the dash with a facelift car 03-07? or is the dash shell the same as an early car and its just the fascia's etc that are updated? :blink:

Plus I know I need to replace the dash, steering wheel, passenger seat belt tensioner (drivers one hasnt retracted and looks ok) and also the ECU for the airbags but what about the sensor? does this need to be replaced or is it simply a shock type switch that can it be reused? i'm terrified of replacing everything putting the battery on and having the bags blow again :o

Laslty parts compatability, can I use a front slam panel and bumper bar from any diesel model?

As you can probably tell i'm trying to fix it on a tight budget for her.

Ta,

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 89rallye

89rallye

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 130 Tdci Zetec

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

Anybody?

I've been looking at cars in breakers and definatley cant see a difference between a bare facelift dashboard and one from an early car :blink:

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users