Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,072 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

went into my l;ocal fords today to get new spark plug leads figured ide change them early that was until the parts guy said theyre 15 each total 64.80 surely to gad hes taking the mick they wiould be more expensive than my mates high performance leads for his subaru impreza turbo?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,047 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

went into my l;ocal fords today to get new spark plug leads figured ide change them early that was until the parts guy said theyre £15 each total £64.80 surely to gad hes taking the mick they wiould be more expensive than my mates high performance leads for his subaru impreza turbo?

haha yeah i know the feeling mate, i got stung just before xmas for a set. given all the problems with the focus not liking after market coil packs, leads and plugs i personally wouldnt use anything else as its not worth the hassle, even so called performance parts.
atleast a set of genuine plugs is only £12, my last set was £8ish after a little discount.

#3 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

How many times? Starred out words are treated in exactly the same way as if you spelled out the full word.

If you wouldn't hear it on the TV or radio before 9pm - then it's not acceptable here, at any time.

#4 paolo101

paolo101

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk3 1.8 Zetec

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

Hi

Last summer when I came to changing the sparkplugs on my old Fiesta I decided to change the leads as they were nearly ten yers old and looking tired. I'd heard dire warnings about fitting aftermarket leads so I called the Ford dealer and was qoted over 60 quid for a set :blink:

A quick look on t'internet and i found out that Magnecor leads were over 10 quid cheaper and better quality so I ordered a set. They come in a nice blue colour and the HT cables are thicker and more flexible and just feel better quality than the Ford ones.

I've attached a pic of them.

Paul

Attached Thumbnails

• Leads.JPG

#5 bottletree

bottletree

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Name: Shane
  • Ford Model: C-max 2.0litre. Ghia EST. 2005
  • Year: 2005

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

60 to 70 does not sound too bad to me. Considering the importance of the items. I suppose you could find genuine parts elsewhere at a better price rather than the dealers?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users