Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 1.25 Zetec Progress Thread

Mk7_Rbj

Hey

Had been posting the things i had been doing to my car in my newbie thread and thought it was about time to move on!

As some of you may have spotted in my other thread i have had the windows tinted by Pentagon this morning. Very happy with the results

ae4122a6.jpg

f9fd35d9.jpg

My mates have all commented how it looks illegal in the pics

It is however Limo on the rear and only a light smoke on the front, must just be the angle of the photos

What do you think so far?

I also have the led number plate lights and some ford branded (but not from ford) mudflaps in the post..

My next task is to install my subwoofer, BUT, i need some help

Do i need some kind of adaptor and Pre-amp/eq/processor to allow me to fit the sub. Also, would a sound processor allow me to increase the signal to the exisitng Speakers too?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

RBJ

It's a nice looking Fiesta, I'm sure Pentagon would know if your windows were dodgy, so I would not worry about it mate, if you did get pulled at least you can get them off again.

LED number plate lights will look ace and will be a lot better than the normal ford ones.

Davy

Ye, im not bothered about the legality. I kno they're legit... ish

Nothing everyone else doesnt have!

Just hte pics look a bit darker

As for the number plate lights, i cant wait for these bulbs to arrive

Any help available from anyone for the subwoofer issues??

Thanks

RbJ

i dont know if it's still knocking about but there use to be a post on fitting a sub on here.... are you need get that lil triangle tinted now looks out of place haha

The bit forward of the a-pillar IS tinted

light smoke.. Same as the front windows

Good day yesterday

Went to a Defence Vehicle thing at Millbrook Proving ground

Was very interesting with alot of interesting people too

I also found out i passed all of my Uni exams for my final year!!

Not as good as i had hoped but fingers crossed they will work out at a 2:2

AND... my mudflaps arrivesd throught the post

7c4a5d0f.jpg

Pics up when they fitted!

WHat do people think tho

Cheap tat or nice, bit different to fords £65 offering!

I like the mudflaps, where about did you get them and do they do other ford models ie specific fitments?

im afraid the front windows are not legal, they look really good but the police if they stop you will ask you to remove them, u may be lucky and never get pulled over tho.

Looking good so far!

Well done on the exams also ;) What are you studying?

Thanks!!

And i was studying Property Development and Planning in Bristol..

I like the mudflaps, where about did you get them and do they do other ford models ie specific fitments?

The mudflaps were an eBay purchase from a seller in hong kong. I dont know for sure if they do other fitments, i dont see why not tho

im afraid the front windows are not legal, they look really good but the police if they stop you will ask you to remove them, u may be lucky and never get pulled over tho.

Thanks for th concern but like i said they look alot darker in the pictures than they do really.

And they can try and take them off but wont be very successful doing that at the roadside!!! haha

Also, the engine seems a bit laggy/stuttery at low power/revs on ocassion

Put in a bit of ultimate to see how it reacts to that.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Also, the engine seems a bit laggy/stuttery at low power/revs on ocassion

Put in a bit of ultimate to see how it reacts to that.

Anyone have any other ideas?

you wont bee seeing much from that fuel, big engines yes.... our lil 1.25 no :P haha

depends upon your budget....

• 3 weeks later...

BAck from holiday with a few questions

As i have just posted in a separate thread i need a new beesting, any suggestions?

Also, my car is completely covered in dust from some building work a few doors down, NOT HAPPY considering i washed it teh day before i left

Still need to put the mudflaps on, will hopefully do it tomorro after a wash, as i need to jack the thing up and take each wheel off! lLOOONG

Are these bulbs good for the footwells?

eBay seller

Which ones have you used Nico?

I may be being really dumb but what the hell is a 'de-tango'?? It seems like a popular plan

• 2 weeks later...

So...

FINALLY fitted my mud flaps today, albeit only the rear

The supplied screws were WAAAAY too narrow for the existing holes and so had to use some little self locking nut things, of which i ony had 4

I also had to use different longer screws on the passenger side as the screws were too short!

THat'll teach me to buy from Hong Kong!!!

But:

I gave it a nice clean

fa82b3b5.jpg

Had the wheels off

9ec74e6c.jpg

And after much messing around got the rears mudflaps fitted

88eb3d4b.jpg

What do you think?

You may be lucky and never get pulled over but if you do and they check the visible light (some rozzers do have the device to check) and if it is less than 70% visible light on front windows it's illegal. It's a 30 squid ticket and they have to be removed otherwise a possibility of big fine upto £2000, my sister got caught out last year on her mondeo with a 45% visible light reading and needless to say she removed them lol. Many new cars already have an amount of tint and even light smoke can push it towards illegal depending on the level of factory tint.

Just a friendly word of warning ;)

Ye, cheers

I gave exactly the same bit of advice in a recent thread RE:tinting

I would have to be VERY VERY unlucky to get stopped and light gunned (very few have the tool anyway)

And, like was said, they're lighter in real life than they look

Most old bill now aswell dont pay a blind bit of notice to anythin unless its blatent speed or one of their machines/systems makes a noise!

Ye, cheers

I gave exactly the same bit of advice in a recent thread RE:tinting

I would have to be VERY VERY unlucky to get stopped and light gunned (very few have the tool anyway)

And, like was said, they're lighter in real life than they look

Most old bill now aswell dont pay a blind bit of notice to anythin unless its blatent speed or one of their machines/systems makes a noise!

I just thought i'd pass on my sisters experience lol ;)

I have my swift sport tinted with 15% Llumar ceramic film, only car i've had tinted and my ickle neice has had a play with photoshop last weekend lol.

tint2ac.jpg

tint1ab.jpg

Hijacking of thread over lol B)

• 2 months later...

Tints look nice mate...

Well, minor update:

Since bashing my door I have used a mates touch up stick from his mk6.5 in the same colour and the damage is barely noticable.

Have also procured a box for my sub ...

beebf502.jpg

... and have ordered an autoleads wiring kit and autoleads rca converter.

All being well will have the wiring done by the end of the week if the items arive, then i just have to get my amp!!

Also, washed the car thoroughly on saturday, and today gave it a wash, AG Super Resin Polish and AG Extra Gloss Protection.

f58c7d8a.jpg

Pretty chuffed with the outcome. Now i just need some wax!

7c602227.jpg

The RCA converter came this morning

50c9ff98.jpg

Will it be obvious as to where the 'earth' is on my stereo unit (assuming it is on the unit itself)

The RCA converter came this morning

50c9ff98.jpg

Will it be obvious as to where the 'earth' is on my stereo unit (assuming it is on the unit itself)

i have installed subwoofers into my fiesta and all i did was run it off the back Speakers.

i alsohave 6x9's in so i bridged the 2 amps i have for power source and earth and then ran Speakers off one and then sub off the other.

i ran wires from both left and right rear Speakers and then into the RCA converter. then put the earth to a bolt in the boot. the RCA converter then plugs into your amplifier and so on..

thinking about the tints myself tho.. looks sweet

Jamie

i have installed subwoofers into my fiesta and all i did was run it off the back speakers.i alsohave 6x9's in so i bridged the 2 amps i have for power source and earth and then ran speakers off one and then sub off the other. i ran wires from both left and right rear speakers and then into the RCA converter. then put the earth to a bolt in the boot. the RCA converter then plugs into your amplifier and so on.. thinking about the tints myself tho.. looks sweetJamie

Thanks about the tints! :D

but maybe i should have been more clear when talking about my install.

I am planning to use the rca converter off the back of the 'head unit' like has been done in this thread

Basically adding the speaker connections of the rca converter, pictured above, to the multi-block. But there is also an earth cable on the rca converter.. i dont know where this goes to (unless it there is an earth on the multi-block?) This is what i would like to know?

And so have you basically got extra wires coming off the +ve and -ve terminals of your rear Speakers and into the rca converter which is located near to your sub and amp?

And then you have a really short length of rca cable from the converter to the amp?

Wiring kit arrived this morning

Also, took the plunge and ordered my amp!

Couldnt wait any longer

Any help with the earth for the rca converter would be greatly appreciated tho

Thanks

So... gave the wiring a couple of hours of my time today.. to start with i couldnt get the head unit out (was too scared about breaking something as there was waaay too much resistance on the 4 clips which hold the top cover on)

But managed to feed the power cable from the battery to the boot and the rca and remote from the boot to the drivers footwell

c790f944.jpg

e50a5e66.jpg

66c097ce.jpg

cd1bc08e.jpg

The power lead is obvious in the door shut however once wrapped with some black sheathing it should look fine.

I then decided to persist with the top cover, and, after hurting the ends of my fingers loads, i managed to pop it off

27791770.jpg

I followed the guide for the rest of the steps to actually remove the head unit

e0a574ca.jpg

0d8672ba.jpg

But i was unable to feed teh rca and remote up from teh footwell to the back of the stereo unit before night came. :angry:

Also, i am unsure about how i will be able to connect the rca converter i have to the back of the multi block - securely but without changing any of fords original wiring (i.e. no stripping fords wires)

Anyone with any experience point me in the right direction??

Thanks

Rob

i know its not what you asked but your power cable can be run through the car.

i will get some pictures up if i can but i ran mine through a grommet in the engine bay which brings it out behind the glovebox. that way the wire is not visible at all after you run it under the door trim.

"The power lead is obvious in the door shut however once wrapped with some black sheathing it should look fine".

Oh my God! Whatever you do, do NOT hook that power cable up. Rip it out and either a) take the advice of the above poster and route it thru the firewall or preferably B) have a professional install the amp.

I've installed many systems over the years - I've never actually though about installing anything in the latest Fiesta (I've certainly no intentions of doing so myself) but after having seen those pics, I'm curious as to where/how you intend to mount the amp? I'd have thought the most obvious / easiest place would have been under the front passenger seat but you've routed that power cable in the boot? Without lots of work, I can't see any where obvious to mount it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club