Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Fiesta Black seat tilt

Matt64

Hi, newbie here. I've just bought a 53 plate Fiesta Black. I'm tickled pink with it.

The drivers seat tilt mechanism to allow access to the rear seats isn't working. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

you can try to push a screwdriver underneath (between the fabric and the plastic)either side of the lever at the top of the seat then plastic lever can be pulled from the top of the seat. If your lucky the lever has broken ,if not the plastic part which is attached to the cables is probably broken. I think this and the cable are all one piece,and you'll have to replace the cable mechanism. The lever on the top is about £14 from Fords.

fiesta black !! high 5 dude!! is there alot of free play or is ther tension when you pull it?? maybe the cable has gone ????

When I lift the lever there is no resistance. When lever is up I can see end of cable. Looks like a piece of the plastic on the lever is broken.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club