#1 jat

jat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8 titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:52 PM

Have a MOT due next week on my Focus 2 litre hatch 2002 and am having a problem getting the correct handbrake cable for it.

The rear brakes are disc. Went to motor factor (Dingbros) and was supplied with a set which they were sure were the ones for my car after giving them the reg number etc. The cables were just two single cables, marked L and R with a central swivel at the handbrake end. One side fitted fine but the other side was 3 to 4 cms short and couldn't go on the caliper arm without the brake being on full. As I always use this motor factor it was no problem putting the cable back unused, but going to my ford dealer they cost twice as much, use the same computer program to look up the part, and will not take the cable back if it is the wrong one. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Any ideas,help, suggestions would be appreciated

john

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,084 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

Have a MOT due next week on my Focus 2 litre hatch 2002 and am having a problem getting the correct handbrake cable for it.

The rear brakes are disc. Went to motor factor (Dingbros) and was supplied with a set which they were sure were the ones for my car after giving them the reg number etc. The cables were just two single cables, marked L and R with a central swivel at the handbrake end. One side fitted fine but the other side was 3 to 4 cms short and couldn't go on the caliper arm without the brake being on full. As I always use this motor factor it was no problem putting the cable back unused, but going to my ford dealer they cost twice as much, use the same computer program to look up the part, and will not take the cable back if it is the wrong one. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Any ideas,help, suggestions would be appreciated

john

dingbros sell usually pattern parts and ive had this with them too many times before wrong brake pads for my old car wrong sensor wrong abs sensor too name a few ide say go to ford if its whats on fords system it will fit

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,047 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

have a look on ebay, thats where i got mine when i done the rear disc conversion. was only 35 for the complete cable assembly and it fitted perfectly

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users