Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Debadging

Adam1982

I was wondering what have people used to take the badges from the rear of their cars? I am looking to do this but don't want to ruin the paintwork.

Fishing line does the trick. Cut a piece and use it like a saw pulling away from the paintwork.

Caution with the cars over a year older...it tends to be much difficult after a long period and it could also be a difference in the paint under the badge,,,

a friend of mine did it on his mk 6.5 st by using warm/hot water to remove the letters. then with the glue just ue wd40 and it comes stright off.

hairdryer on it for awhile then pull it off and pick at what was left... what i had to do after someone robbed part of my zetec badge :|

DanGull did this himself if my memory serves me correctly...He'll hopefully give you some advice. I think he used a hairdryer and some fishing line :)

Fishing line is overkill - dental floss works fine.

I used a little adhesive remover (Goo Gone - which probably wasn't needed) and heated them slightly with a hair dryer.

If the outline of the badge is still visible afterwards, then Autoglym SRP should sort that.

Ambersil Label Remover

I cant recommend this stuff enough, its brilliant just spray on wait two minutes and wipe off, i used it to remove side strips and badges on my old starlet even though the car was ten years old it removed the badges with ease woth every penny, stinks of oranges though, and heres a pic after removal of pannels

13072009478.jpg

Thank you all for the advice, i shall try one or two of these

• 2 weeks later...

Leave it outside a council estate...

Not sure I get the de badging thing, I figure it's either done by people with the top of the range car who want a bit of stealth or by people who can only afford the base model and don't want anyone to know. Thing is if you are into your cars there are always plenty of give aways, especially on the MK 7, Ford have been very clever about this, all the models are identifiable from the trim or lack of.

hairdrier and tcut/white spirit to remove the residue. quite safe to use provided you regularly wash/wax your car :)

Petrol works too as some badges are mounted with polystyrene sticky pads, and petrol is like acid to polystyrene, dissolves it :lol: although maybe not petrol and hairdryer at the same time :lol:

yeah petrol is good too. nail varnish remover as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Its not badges taking of that I am doing but adding on.I have stuck an X on the end of titanium.

Its not badges taking of that I am doing but adding on.I have stuck an X on the end of titanium.

I'm doing partial de badging, I've taken the anium off and now have a tit, describes the bloke driving it perfectly.

Anyone want to buy an anium badge?

I regularly see this disgusting orange car, I think it's one of those sporty focus things rs or something, anyway, today I noticed that it was debadged and had 'ASBO' instead of 'ford' where the ford badge should go...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

so are we saying the best way is to use fishing line and hot water? The car im getting is only 6 month old so i cant see the badges being to stubborn in coming off

so are we saying the best way is to use fishing line and hot water? The car im getting is only 6 month old so i cant see the badges being to stubborn in coming off

Dental floss will be fine, fishing line is a bit unnecessary.

I regularly see this disgusting orange car, I think it's one of those sporty focus things rs or something, anyway, today I noticed that it was debadged and had 'ASBO' instead of 'ford' where the ford badge should go...

oh dear!

Just really warm water I use, and a old credit card to prise it away whilst Im pouring it over the letters/badge, comes off clean :)

Leave it outside a council estate...

Not sure I get the de badging thing, I figure it's either done by people with the top of the range car who want a bit of stealth or by people who can only afford the base model and don't want anyone to know. Thing is if you are into your cars there are always plenty of give aways, especially on the MK 7, Ford have been very clever about this, all the models are identifiable from the trim or lack of.

If it's like the car I've just bought, which has a broken Fiesta badge and a Zetec badge where it should read Titanium on the back then debadging is definitely the best option. For me, the rear of the car just looks better without the plastic chrome. I've done the same on my BMW 5-series too.

(Now if I could only do away with the number plate .... ;) )

Savcom

I followed a car a couple of days ago that had a debadged number plate! ie someone had cut the bottom of the plate off where the dealers name is leaving just the top of it exposed.