Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black or Blue?

Nitram

:unsure:

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of buying a 2007 St TDCi. My bro in law is a car dealer and can get me a black or a Performance blue one. I had initially set out for the blue, but after looking at some pics on the net the black also looks really nice. I test drove a silver one with the recaro seats, but the chrome detailing doesn't stand out as well on the silver.

I know it is a matter of personal taste, but any opinions on colour?

Your collective thoughts gratefully received! :rolleyes:

Personally i like the the black. Just harder to keep clean.

Personally i like the the black. Just harder to keep clean.

I was in exactly the same predicament! Looking to get the 2007 also. I have to say while I have always favoured black over blue the performance blue is one that stands out and is the only one that compliments its sporty looks. There are loads of black and silver cars out there so stand out with blue, you know its the only colour for the ST! I know I will be :P

Yeah, I've been searching the Auto Trader site non stop looking at various pictures. So much so that my brain feels black and blue :wacko:

Every time I sway towards black I see a blue one and change my mind back again. It may be more common on an ST, but as you say, black is common on all makes and models (including my current Avensis).

I've more or less decided on the blue, although I may have to wait longer to get it :angry:

Have you got one yet? If so what do you think of it? I've been loyal to Toyota for years, and am a little nervous about the jump to Ford.

Yeah, I've been searching the Auto Trader site non stop looking at various pictures. So much so that my brain feels black and blue :wacko:

Every time I sway towards black I see a blue one and change my mind back again. It may be more common on an ST, but as you say, black is common on all makes and models (including my current Avensis).

I've more or less decided on the blue, although I may have to wait longer to get it :angry:

Have you got one yet? If so what do you think of it? I've been loyal to Toyota for years, and am a little nervous about the jump to Ford.

Not yet, have to shift my VW Sharan first, coming to eBay very soon! I have owned many and various fords over the years (inc. a Mondeo 1.8TD!!) and have found as long as you service them regularly they'll treat you really well. I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to cars, and had looked at the Honda Accord CDTi, BMW 320d and the Mazda 6. I have to say that for style, equipment, performance and economy the ST is unbeatable. I see you were asking about prices for one. I've seen a 2007 22000 miles for £11995 at a Nationwide Garage and this seems to be an average price going trade. Just remember they'll try to screw you on a trade in, warranty, like for like insurance in case of a write off, servicing plan etc non of which in my opinion is needed on a one year old car that still has upto 2 years manufacturers warranty. Going private I've seen them going from as little as £10000 averaging upto £11000. Going back to Ford, 155BHP & 265lbs/ft torque!!!! Its well worth the a step of faith lol

PS have you had any thoughts of the saloon version rather than hatchback?

I had briefly considered the saloon, but they are far harder to get hold of. Also, with an 8 month old daughter and a black labrador, the hatch is hard to beat for practicality!

By Bro in Law is one of the top men at a local dealership, so I am fairly confident that I'll get pretty much as good a deal as I can hope for. I'll still haggle though!! My thoughts were that with car prices so low (especially the Mondeo, which depreciates from new like a stone) and high demand for the Avensis in the south of Ireland, I can pretty much take advantage of a high trade in against a low purchase price, with the added benefit of the high spec & performance.

Cheers Rikos, I agree - every time I see the blue I think "Yes - definitely blue" I just can't wait to get the deal done so the decision is made! :)

Well, did the deal today! Couldn't find a blue one with decent mileage, condition, etc, and a black one has come up - it's absolutely mint! It's a July 2007 in Panther Black so I have bitten the bullet and gone for it. I love the blue, but black is close 2nd, and she looks great in the metal!

Hopefully get her next week - can't wait! :D

You'll have to put up some pix when you get her!!!!

Host them in a photobucket account or something and use the direct link to paste in the picture section of the reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Go for the blue.

The only "ST" blue which Ford manufacture are ST's whereas Ford use the same 'black' colour you see on ST's on non ST models.

Be unique!

Well, did the deal today! Couldn't find a blue one with decent mileage, condition, etc, and a black one has come up - it's absolutely mint! It's a July 2007 in Panther Black so I have bitten the bullet and gone for it. I love the blue, but black is close 2nd, and she looks great in the metal!

Hopefully get her next week - can't wait! :D

Sorry, should of read your latest post. The black models are still nice, but keeping them clean is a mission!

Sorry, should of read your latest post. The black models are still nice, but keeping them clean is a mission!

invest in auto glym polish may cost a few quid but it keeps your car looking pristine .....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club