3 replies to this topic

#1 Paul24

Paul24

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDCi Zetec

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

Hi

Prob the most sily question of all time. Currently drive Zetec 08 plate and come to the first refuelling today. No fuel Cap? looked in my manual and it shows a fuel cap but after lookin on the net it says that they now come without a cap. did not want to ring my Ford dealer and feel a wally just thought it best to post it on here and feel a wally lol.

any feed back would be great.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Wizz

Wizz

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 1.8

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

Hi

Prob the most sily question of all time. Currently drive Zetec 08 plate and come to the first refuelling today. No fuel Cap? looked in my manual and it shows a fuel cap but after lookin on the net it says that they now come without a cap. did not want to ring my Ford dealer and feel a wally just thought it best to post it on here and feel a wally lol.

any feed back would be great.

The latest models don't have a fuel cap.....my 59 plates doesn't.
It has a system whereby it has a closure gate in the tank filler and only the correct nozzle will open it.
These models also come with a small plastic funnel, which can be used if you run out of petrol and have to fill it with a petrol can.

#3 Paul24

Paul24

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDCi Zetec

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

The latest models don't have a fuel cap.....my 59 plates doesn't.
It has a system whereby it has a closure gate in the tank filler and only the correct nozzle will open it.
These models also come with a small plastic funnel, which can be used if you run out of petrol and have to fill it with a petrol can.

Thank you for the reply did not dare fill the car right up. Guess the dealer should of explained but no worries i now know.

#4 mnevis

mnevis

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8
  • Year: 1998

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

Thank you for the reply did not dare fill the car right up. Guess the dealer should of explained but no worries i now know.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users