Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

ct23

Problem Reprograming Key Fob

5 posts in this topic

hi all my wife washed my keyand then it wouldnt work soi put a new battery in ,ive tried the key method turning it of and on 4 times then buzz noise and tried pressing button on remote but no sound ,key starts engine but none of the remote buttons are working ,its a focus 57 plate does anyone no what i can try or will it be a new keyfob needed thanks in advance for any help

Open it up and let it dry out for a few days then try again.

its been dried out for a few days now , the problems reprogramming it to the car to get the central locking working

its been dried out for a few days now , the problems reprogramming it to the car to get the central locking working

FORD Focus (Radio 3 Button) - Key Remote Programming 1. Switch Ignition On/Off (II/0) 4 times within 6 seconds until a sound is made. 2. Press any button on Remote until a sound is made. 3. To program additional Remotes, repeat after 2 seconds after the sound. 4. Turn Ignition On/Off to exit. 5. A maximum of 4 remotes can be programme

sounds like a new key they dont like water