Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt Change

jay74

Hello folks, had my car in for it's MOT on Saturday there and luckily it didn't need too much

However, one of the advisory notes was that I should get the timing belt done, so have a wee question. I've been quoted £185 from Kwik-fit for it, but I work for a haulage company so I can probably get one of the lads in the workshop to do it for me if I buy the parts myself.

Is there any particular make of belt that anybody would recommend?

Oh, my car only has 55k on it, is this the usual sort of milage that the timing belt should be done at?

My car is a MK1, the 1.6 Zetec model.

Hello folks, had my car in for it's MOT on Saturday there and luckily it didn't need too much

However, one of the advisory notes was that I should get the timing belt done, so have a wee question. I've been quoted £185 from Kwik-fit for it, but I work for a haulage company so I can probably get one of the lads in the workshop to do it for me if I buy the parts myself.

Is there any particular make of belt that anybody would recommend?

Oh, my car only has 55k on it, is this the usual sort of milage that the timing belt should be done at?

My car is a MK1, the 1.6 Zetec model.

ford state 100k for the belt and tensioner but its recommended to have it done early better sa e than sorry the only belt to buy is a genuine kit from ford with the belt and tensiioner as its the tensioner that goes taking the belt with it the parts guys on here can get you a gen kit for a good price and the net is full of them remeco parts on eBay sell gen ford kits.

kwik fit know pants 180 is about the right price but i wouldnt trust them with a belt i dont trust them with a tyre without insisting on watching them

ford state 100k for the belt and tensioner but its recommended to have it done early better sa e than sorry the only belt to buy is a genuine kit from ford with the belt and tensiioner as its the tensioner that goes taking the belt with it the parts guys on here can get you a gen kit for a good price and the net is full of them remeco parts on ebay sell gen ford kits.

kwik fit know pants 180 is about the right price but i wouldnt trust them with a belt i dont trust them with a tyre without insisting on watching them

Cheers mate. I've asked one of the lads at work to do it for me and he will do it for much less than Kwikfit! So just need to get a belt and tensioner sorted out now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club