• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pizzaman

pizzaman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Style (Climate)

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hi, I am new to the forum and don't know if it's possible to get an answer to this question.

Have a 2006 Fiesta Style (Climate) and the heater temperature control squeaks annoyingly when turned through a certain point near the maximum cold point. Presumably, the control needs some oil? If so, how do I get to that? Do the knobs just pull off? They seem very tight. Or, does the console need to be taken off?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately the dials are part of the heating unit itself, this will need to be opened up to remove I would imagine. To get to the unit you have to remove the radio and upper bezel to show the screws for lower heating bezel. You then undo these screws and put your hand down the back to undo the clips. Then remove the drivers side kick plate to gain access to the wires etc that enter the unit.

#3 pizzaman

pizzaman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Style (Climate)

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately the dials are part of the heating unit itself, this will need to be opened up to remove I would imagine. To get to the unit you have to remove the radio and upper bezel to show the screws for lower heating bezel. You then undo these screws and put your hand down the back to undo the clips. Then remove the drivers side kick plate to gain access to the wires etc that enter the unit.

Hi, thanks for your reply. That sounds awkward, indeed! It might be simplest to just live with this. These things have a tendency to not go so well.

#4 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

Its probably best to leave it yes, or replace the whole unit itself.

#5 C-Max Boy 1983

C-Max Boy 1983

Area Rep: South Scotland

• PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Ford Model: C-Max Zetec 1.6 TDCI

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:22 AM

Welcome to the Ford Owners Club.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users