Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 02 Eac Fail

007angel1989

Please can anybody shed some light on this very annoying problem.

I have recently purchased a Ford Fiesta 02 plate and I have a intermittent problem with the car, when the EAC fail message on the dashboard cluster appears and the car then becomes undrivable above 18 miles an hour.

I have had several diagnostics, but no fault codes are being stored. After giving in and going to Ford, they suggested that the instrument cluster or the Powerchain control module needs replacing with no idea which one it might be. As they are both expensive, I am aprehensive getting the work done in case the car will still have this problem, which will mean more money.

This has been happening for about two months now, yesturday when the error occured, sometimes the car displayed the EAC message and sometimes it did not with the fault still occuring. With serveral restarting attempts apox 15, the car then seemed ok again, but my partner said the car felt slugish. Has anybody else had this problem and had it resolved? Any help would be very much appreciated.

this is a well known problem on the 02 plate which ford know about,do a google search for fiesta 02 eac fail message and read all the fourums. it seams to be a problem with corrosion in the loom.best to get back onto ford customer relations on 08458411111.

this is a well known problem on the 02 plate which ford know about,do a google search for fiesta 02 eac fail message and read all the fourums. it seams to be a problem with corrosion in the loom.best to get back onto ford customer relations on 08458411111.

Thankyou, will be trying to get in touch with ford again soon.

Anymore help, advice or info would be great, im still struggling with the problem. I love the car looks wise and want to avoid selling up, but now worried that I will never trust the car. Has anyone had this problem fixed?

Have now got the instument cluster replaced (not cheap) and the car is still displaying the same fault!!!! This is becoming a very big proplem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club