Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk7 Front Bumper Removal, How To?

TjaLfE

Hi all..

I'm starting on a project fitting some LED lights on my MK7 Fiesta.

I want to install them behind the front grill, just under the licenseplate.

My problem is, that I don't se any where to install them, and have to remove the bumper, og the plastic grill part of the front bumper.

Have any of you had any experience on removing either the whole front bumper, or just the plastic bit? If so, do you happen to have sompictures and/or a guide?

/TjaLfE

Hi all..

I'm starting on a project fitting some LED lights on my MK7 Fiesta.

I want to install them behind the front grill, just under the licenseplate.

My problem is, that I don't se any where to install them, and have to remove the bumper, og the plastic grill part of the front bumper.

Have any of you had any experience on removing either the whole front bumper, or just the plastic bit? If so, do you happen to have sompictures and/or a guide?

/TjaLfE

Hi mate, sorry have no pictures but i've had the bumper off a few times. Basically you need to pop out the headlights and the upper grill (the one with the ford logo) this is very easily done. Afet this wou will need a flexi ratchet screwdriver, this is basically one that will screw something if it was in a u turn shape if you get me, there is then 3 bolts at either side of the bumper where it connects to the wings these need to be undone and that should be you sorted.

Hello there,

I must point out before you read on, I had the car on axle stands with the wheels removed as I was also fitting Coilovers at the same time I removed my bumper.

First remove your headlights(read 'the bulb change guide' by Rogue Shadow at the top of the forum thread list in the stickies section if unsure on this).

Disconnect your foglights if you have them which can now be easily done with the headlights removed.

There are two plastic rivets, one at each side inboard of where the ones in the headlights was, at this point just remove the center pins and leave the base section in.

Now where the headlights were you can now see the body work joint, here the bumper is held to the wing by 3 10mm head screw bolts each side, removing the top one is easily done with a ratchet and a long extension.

The wheel arch has a lining which has two torx t25 screws which fasten into the bumper the rest has several screw type plastic rivets clips use a pozi drive on the center pin(force two fingers up behind the lining between it and the chassis with preferably a finger either side of the clip to put pressure on it)turn this a quarter so it raises the center pin slightly and it should pop out, repeat and remove the lining.

From the wheel arch looking at the bodywork joint you now can easily remove the 2 lower screw bolts.

Now under the bumper near the wheel arches remove the plastic rivet type clip holding the bumper to a section of plastic trim which runs along the front underside beneath the radiator.

The bumper is now held in place by the 2 rivet type plastic clips which the center pins was removed from earlier, now simply grip the bumper with one hand in the lower grill and the other somewhere at the top near the hood latch, now carefully and controlled lift it up so the 2 clips clear their holes and move straight foward away from the car.

Congatulations you've removed your bumper.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club