8 replies to this topic

#1 sarah streetka

sarah streetka

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: Streetka Luxury

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:19 AM

Hi
Is it ok to use wonder wheels or is it too powerful. Wheels are pretty good. But in the corners of the spokes sometimes its difficult to clean. Does wonder wheels take the laquer off the alloy?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

Wonder Wheels = Last Resort

#3 Gussy82

Gussy82

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:22 AM

I would stay away from that stuff to be honest, its that strong you could clean concrete with the stuff lol, as a detailer myself i would recommend bilberry all safe wheel cleaner. Might be worth while investing in some detailing brushes aswell to work the product into hard to reach areas, everything you'll need in here - http://www.cleanyour...yres/cat_7.html hope this helps!

#4 jmurray01

jmurray01

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: MK1 Ford Focus LX 1.8 in Midnight Blue
  • Year: 2000

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Try Car-Pride Alloy Cleaner, works good on the Rover's alloys, Fiesta doesn't have that luxury! :lol:

Check this forum thread out before thinking of using it... http://www.detailing...php/t-4242.html

Wait a second... http://www.alfaowner...oy-cleaner.html

Hmm... Contradicting.

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

Try Car-Pride Alloy Cleaner, works good on the Rover's alloys, Fiesta doesn't have that luxury! :lol:

Check this forum thread out before thinking of using it... http://www.detailing...php/t-4242.html

Wait a second... http://www.alfaowner...oy-cleaner.html

Hmm... Contradicting.

dont use wonder wheels its highly abrasive and can strip alloys an old wifes way is 4 parts lemon juice to 6 parts water personally ide use meguars stuff then use a good quality sealaant

#6 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

Acid-based wheel cleaners should be, as has been said, a last resort.

Bilberry will shift almost anything, Dodo Mellow Yellow is also very good but not designed to cope with masses of brake dust. If your wheels are well sealed, you will only need a specific wheel cleaner at long intervals because a good shampoo and mitt will see them looking sparkly.

#7 Jedilard

Jedilard

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

Well I have to dissagree.

I used Wonder Wheels on my Mazda 3 Sport for the past 3 years - On average used 1-2 times per month. I traded it yesterday and all four wheels were immaculate and were in as good condition as the alloys on my new Zetec S.

Follow the instructions. Do one wheel at a time then immediately wash off with lots of clean water. It made cleaning my alloys from a pain in the !Removed! to a simple brush on wash off affair. If you don't wear gloves then becareful as it can irrated your skin.

DON'T USE if your alloys are damaged. DON'T use if you polish your alloys. READ THE INSTRUCTIONs

#8 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

Alternatively - use a wheel cleaner that will shift the same amount of grime, without the acid to potentially do the damage, and seal the wheels in between to make the clean even more straightforward.

Obviously, I haven't seen Jedilard's wheels, but with one to two uses a month for three years I would have doubts about the state of the lacquer on the wheels.

#9 JohnMartyn

JohnMartyn

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Ford Iosis.
  • Year: 2007

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

I use wonder wheels every now and again. Needs a good rinse though as it could be a bit harsh if left on too long.To be honest, it didn't make a great difference, still loads of old brake dust caked on, but I'm not going to chance another application at present, too risky.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users