Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bumblebee

Rear Seat Stuck

4 posts in this topic

Hi all. I have a Fiesta 1.25 LX 2004 model (54 reg). It has a split folding rear seat. The problem is that the larger section of the backrest has become stuck. The latch will not release, and the handle on top of the seat is has lost all resistance. I guess that the connection between the handle and the latch itself has become broken or dislodged. The smaller portion of the backrest still folds/latches ok.

Firstly, is there anywhere I could poke a screwdriver etc to release the latch enabling me to fold the seat?

Secondly, any advice would be appreciated regarding getting at the parts of the latch inside the backrest. It is not obvious to me how to do this.

Thanks,

Phil.

pull the carpet out on that side in the boot and try to do it manually?

while since i had mine so im not sure if its visible.

andy

Thanks for the suggestion, but the latch in question is at the top of the rear seat backrest, not the bottom.

Phil.

I have the same problem and i have a temporary fix as only the ford garage can get the parts to fix it.

if you take out the loose bit on the handle it just clips in on either side of the outer plastic rim, then once that is out it is just a case of pulling the little handle inside up.

this is just a temporary fix though.

the cause of this problem is when the seat is down and the red bit is showing if you push it back so the red bit doesn't show while the seat is still down then this snaps the hook in the plastic bit that you take out to get inside it.

hope this helps and if you find out where anybody might sell the parts to fix it please could you pm me.