• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bumblebee

bumblebee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.25 LX
Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

Hi all. I have a Fiesta 1.25 LX 2004 model (54 reg). It has a split folding rear seat. The problem is that the larger section of the backrest has become stuck. The latch will not release, and the handle on top of the seat is has lost all resistance. I guess that the connection between the handle and the latch itself has become broken or dislodged. The smaller portion of the backrest still folds/latches ok.

Firstly, is there anywhere I could poke a screwdriver etc to release the latch enabling me to fold the seat?

Secondly, any advice would be appreciated regarding getting at the parts of the latch inside the backrest. It is not obvious to me how to do this.

Thanks,
Phil.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 andyroo89

andyroo89

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: fiestas

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:39 PM

pull the carpet out on that side in the boot and try to do it manually?
while since i had mine so im not sure if its visible.

andy

#3 bumblebee

bumblebee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.25 LX
Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but the latch in question is at the top of the rear seat backrest, not the bottom.

Phil.

#4 mahall1988

mahall1988

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:43 PM

I have the same problem and i have a temporary fix as only the ford garage can get the parts to fix it.

if you take out the loose bit on the handle it just clips in on either side of the outer plastic rim, then once that is out it is just a case of pulling the little handle inside up.
this is just a temporary fix though.

the cause of this problem is when the seat is down and the red bit is showing if you push it back so the red bit doesn't show while the seat is still down then this snaps the hook in the plastic bit that you take out to get inside it.

hope this helps and if you find out where anybody might sell the parts to fix it please could you pm me.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users