Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Bumper Questiions

AJ87

Hello again FoC,

I'm contemplating getting a electromagnetic reverse sensor kit, since I'm not willing to drill the holes required to fit a set of normal ultrasonic sensors. I'm not that bad at parking that I want to spend £200+ on getting a kit fitted, this option is about £60, which is slightly more piece of mind, then trusting my instinct.

Firstly has anyone fitted these to a MK7? using search I found a post over in the Focus forum but nothing here. It looks pretty straight forward, bumper removal may or may not be required, from lying under the car back of the car to fit the mud flaps there's a lot of space so I hope not, but with the lack of a Haynes manual for the MK7 I'd like to know how difficult is it to remove the rear bumper if required?

Equally I hope there's a hole already to be able to pass a wire from the back of the bumper through to the boot, can anyone confirm?

Cheers

AJ

Hello again FoC,

I'm contemplating getting a electromagnetic reverse sensor kit, since I'm not willing to drill the holes required to fit a set of normal ultrasonic sensors. I'm not that bad at parking that I want to spend £200+ on getting a kit fitted, this option is about £60, which is slightly more piece of mind, then trusting my instinct.

Firstly has anyone fitted these to a MK7? using search I found a post over in the Focus forum but nothing here. It looks pretty straight forward, bumper removal may or may not be required, from lying under the car back of the car to fit the mud flaps there's a lot of space so I hope not, but with the lack of a Haynes manual for the MK7 I'd like to know how difficult is it to remove the rear bumper if required?

Equally I hope there's a hole already to be able to pass a wire from the back of the bumper through to the boot, can anyone confirm?

Cheers

AJ

I fitted my own £15 from eBay very easy to do and did not remove bumper but not electro ones Just to confirm there is a Rubber gromet under the car to pass the cables into the car

Wow, £15 almost seems to good to be true. Found the grommet so I'm happy with that now. Don't think I'd be able to fit the antenna without removing the bumper since the gap between the bumper and exhaust is very small, although perhaps with the diffuser off it would be easier.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club