Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frauds Damaged My Car Bad

Reid87

After finally getting a cheque from the builders who damaged my focus I put the cheque into the main dealer in my area who it was made out to, I then had to wait for the cheque to clear 3 or 4 days I guest I rang the dealer to be told they have to in possession of the cheque for ten days before allowing me to book my car in even though the builders confirmed the cheque had cleared after 3 days. Anyway drop't my car into the dealer first thing last Tuesday morning and was told it would be ready for pick up on Friday. Friday came I rang the dealer who said the car was not ready as it needed to be valeted and told it would be ready saturday morning first thing. So I rang again on saturday and was told by the boss of the repair shop that on cleaning the car he wasn't happy with the finish of the paint in parts and so wouldn't be ready till Monday as it was going in to be repainted in parts, get in pretty annoyed by this stage but agreed that Monday would be okay. So Monday came and went with yet another excuse that he hadn't had time to polish and diamond bright the car and that it would 100% be ready for today ! So first thing at 8 o'clock the dealer rang and with joy I thought finally it's ready, but no yet more f*****g excuses that he hadn't time to do this an that etc etc so I put the phone down and decided to make my way down to the dealer to find what the he'll was actually going on so I went into the reception explained who I was and that I wanted to speak to the shop supervisor. So the fat t**t came out full of appoligies and offered me £100 pounds worth of vouchers for the inconvienience to use on accessories or servicing which I accepted I then asked to see my car to which he replied I can't it's a garage health and safety wouldn't allow it and that my car was in polish booth anyway And i wouldn't be able to see much. So on my way out I glanced over my shoulder to the supervisor and receptionist disappear into a door and out into some offices i walked out around the side of the building to the repair area and in through one of the roller shutter doors to find my car 3 mechanics franticly rubing down the largest patch of body filler ever seen wear my nearside quarter panel should have been along with A new bumper on the car and my old one smash to bits and lying with the parking sensors to one side and my car sitting on a spare wheel and not it's alloy to see I nearly lost it and smashed the place up was an understatement !!!!!!!!!!!! After trying to calm me down the the supervisor explained there had been a small accident but not to worry as they had it in hand and that it wasn't going to cost me anything !!! After 20 minutes of listening to his obvious bull***t I walked and rang the police I reckon that the tone in my voice may have helped there speedy arrival !!!!!!! Several hours later and police reports I have the keys they have the car and I'm meeting them tomorrow at 9am with my solicitor !!!!!!8

After finally getting a cheque from the builders who damaged my focus I put the cheque into the main dealer in my area who it was made out to, I then had to wait for the cheque to clear 3 or 4 days I guest I rang the dealer to be told they have to in possession of the cheque for ten days before allowing me to book my car in even though the builders confirmed the cheque had cleared after 3 days. Anyway drop't my car into the dealer first thing last Tuesday morning and was told it would be ready for pick up on Friday. Friday came I rang the dealer who said the car was not ready as it needed to be valeted and told it would be ready saturday morning first thing. So I rang again on saturday and was told by the boss of the repair shop that on cleaning the car he wasn't happy with the finish of the paint in parts and so wouldn't be ready till Monday as it was going in to be repainted in parts, get in pretty annoyed by this stage but agreed that Monday would be okay. So Monday came and went with yet another excuse that he hadn't had time to polish and diamond bright the car and that it would 100% be ready for today ! So first thing at 8 o'clock the dealer rang and with joy I thought finally it's ready, but no yet more f*****g excuses that he hadn't time to do this an that etc etc so I put the phone down and decided to make my way down to the dealer to find what the he'll was actually going on so I went into the reception explained who I was and that I wanted to speak to the shop supervisor. So the fat t**t came out full of appoligies and offered me £100 pounds worth of vouchers for the inconvienience to use on accessories or servicing which I accepted I then asked to see my car to which he replied I can't it's a garage health and safety wouldn't allow it and that my car was in polish booth anyway And i wouldn't be able to see much. So on my way out I glanced over my shoulder to the supervisor and receptionist disappear into a door and out into some offices i walked out around the side of the building to the repair area and in through one of the roller shutter doors to find my car 3 mechanics franticly rubing down the largest patch of body filler ever seen wear my nearside quarter panel should have been along with A new bumper on the car and my old one smash to bits and lying with the parking sensors to one side and my car sitting on a spare wheel and not it's alloy to see I nearly lost it and smashed the place up was an understatement !!!!!!!!!!!! After trying to calm me down the the supervisor explained there had been a small accident but not to worry as they had it in hand and that it wasn't going to cost me anything !!! After 20 minutes of listening to his obvious bull***t I walked and rang the police I reckon that the tone in my voice may have helped there speedy arrival !!!!!!! Several hours later and police reports I have the keys they have the car and I'm meeting them tomorrow at 9am with my solicitor !!!!!!8

ide have been getting a whole new panel put in and not a great big bit of filler thats for sure did they explain what happened to it? dont accept a large patch of filler and a bit of paint as it being fixed mate youll end up with major hassle in the future

:o :o :o :o

I think you are very wise phoning the police and your solicitor, assuming this is a Ford dealer; I think you should also call Ford HQ and speak to customer services.

Personally I think I would push for a new car, if the damage they are repairing is their entire fault and as bad as it sounds and nothing to do with you I certainly would not except the car back.

If you have the car on finance I think I would contact them and your insurance company – basically talk to all involved.

Oh and while you are at it name and shame the dealer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club