Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring Problem

KeithMace

Recently, my S Max 1.8tdci 2006 didn't start anymore. I had a diagnostics put on it and it said the crank shaft sensor was faulty. I replaced that but the car still won't work. It now appears that the fuel pump is ok and the problem seems to be the connection in the wiring from the ECU to the pump fuel stop isn't working. The only way the car will run is by putting a wire from the ECU to the fuel pump stop, but this obviously could cause other problems.

I can't seem to find a Haynes manual on the s-max anywhere, what I need is a full wiring diagram for the car to trace the wires back and to see what the problem actually is.

Anyone heard of this problem before and know what it is? And could anybody tell me where I can find the wiring diagrams.

Thanks loads all!

UPDATE - The only way to get it to work is by connecting a wire straight from the battery to the fuel pump stop. When checking the voltage on the original wire from the fuel pump stop to the ECU it's only reading 1.2V, when it should be 12V. Any idea if it could be a relay or what else it could be? Thanks!