Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking At Used Fusions

StevieC

Hi All, my first post here.

I'm currently looking at a few Ford Fusions and I'm amazed at how cheap they are going for, most are under £3,000 second hand these days. So, as I am looking for a good cheap run around I was thinking it would be good to take a look at a few, I'm a fan of the Fiesta and it's driving feel but I'd like something a little bigger if possible which the Fusion seems to fit.

The last car I had was a 99 plate Ford Focus which pretty much died on me after 5 months, I'd like to keep my new Fusion for a little while longer if possible :)

So any tips on things to look out for on Fusions? Any good places to look (Other than auto trader) Or would the suggestion be to go get a decent 2nd hand Fiesta rather than a Fusion?

So any tips on things to look out for on Fusions? Any good places to look (Other than auto trader) Or would the suggestion be to go get a decent 2nd hand Fiesta rather than a Fusion?

I was in a similar position about a year ago, I fancied a Fusion because of it's low boot lip for loading (I carry a lot gear around), mpg, and slightly higher driving position. I went for an 06 plate 1.4tdci diesel with 19k miles on it and apart from leaking injector seals which were fixed under warranty, I am very happy with it after having out another 30k+ miles in under a year. My work takes me long hauls, short hauls, around town, motorways, country roads etc etc etc all of which have been no problem to the Fuzzy One. My only gripe and I blame it on my myself is that I was unaware (see my other post about transmission types) that the 1.4tdci came with different transmissions that push the emissions into the £120 tax band rather than the £35 tax band. If you are opting for a diesel, then check out the V5 before buying.

Hope this helps

My only gripe and I blame it on my myself is that I was unaware (see my other post about transmission types) that the 1.4tdci came with different transmissions that push the emissions into the £120 tax band rather than the £35 tax band. If you are opting for a diesel, then check out the V5 before buying.

Hope this helps

That's a really good tip, thank you for that.

Mine is a 1.4tdci on an 05 plate.

Good Bits

With £35 a year Road Tax and 45+ to the Gallon , and cheap insurance (because im an oldish !Removed!) runing cost are good.

Bad Bits

Injector seals and an air flow meter replaced under warrenty.

Interior cheap and plactic.. (Series 1 )

Overall good, when its time comes, a newer Fusion will replace it.