Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

bay update again1.jpg update bonnet open.jpg update bonnet open 2.jpg update again 2.jpg

couldnt help it had to get under the bonnet and take the exhaust heat shield off and polish it do a few other bits and a nice chrome engine mount top

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,938 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

lookin very tidy mate

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

lookin very tidy mate

still not happy though still needs a few more touches and ive got a few in mind dont know why the same topics been posted twice though

#4 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

You have to much spare time :P i gave up cleaning the engine bay gets covered in dust and cow crap + mine has absoutly no markings on ie writing its all just black and silver it dosent even say its a zetec lol how good :blink:

Mike

#5 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:11 PM

Hi, hows your knuckles mate after all the pollishing im sure their sore as hell lol,
Your engine bay looks excellent, if possible an aluminium or brushed stainless steel remake of the slam plate would really make it shine along with your polished manifold cover would look mint, any good steel fabricator should be able to make you up one for less than 50 using your original one as a template. Happy Modding
:)

#6 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

Hi, hows your knuckles mate after all the pollishing im sure their sore as hell lol,
Your engine bay looks excellent, if possible an aluminium or brushed stainless steel remake of the slam plate would really make it shine along with your polished manifold cover would look mint, any good steel fabricator should be able to make you up one for less than 50 using your original one as a template. Happy Modding
:)

believe it or not all i polished was the manifold cover and that was it engine seems to stay pretty clean on its own once youve done it once ill be looking into some stainless stuff sounds like an idea with the slam panel

#7 DAM13N

DAM13N

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec
Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

I do wish my engine looked like this.... superb mate you've obviously got a lot of time for your car, I thought I did washing it 3 times a week and a wax once every two weeks.. LOL

#8 DAS

DAS

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk3, focus mk1 2.0 esp

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

whats that silver stuff on the fuse box and the air intake? it doesnt look very neat.

#9 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

whats that silver stuff on the fuse box and the air intake? it doesnt look very neat.

yeah that was heat reflective stuff thats being replaced in next two weeks with silver carbon fibre jobs as well as the battery cover that was a poor attempt that one never liked it thats why i ordered up some carbon fibre to redo it all properly

#10 DAS

DAS

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk3, focus mk1 2.0 esp

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

yeah ive been planning that myself, let me know how it goes.

#11 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

Did someone mention Carbon-Fibre? Check thes batterys out Bralle Battery the lightest car battery;s on the marcket cased in real carbon fibre, not sure what size would be needed but would shave pounds off the front end. Also when removing the tape from your engine bay i sinceerly recommend using this stuffClick Here it stinks of oranges but works wonders, wipe clean surface, doesnt strip paint just sticky tape and badges i used it to de-badge abd de-side strip my starlet.

#12 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

P150710_16.07_01.jpg .jpg]

Did someone mention Carbon-Fibre? Check thes batterys out Bralle Battery the lightest car battery;s on the marcket cased in real carbon fibre, not sure what size would be needed but would shave pounds off the front end. Also when removing the tape from your engine bay i sinceerly recommend using this stuffClick Here it stinks of oranges but works wonders, wipe clean surface, doesnt strip paint just sticky tape and badges i used it to de-badge abd de-side strip my starlet.

P150710_16.07.jpg
there tidied that up a bit carbon battery box and fuse lid and intake

#13 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

P150710_16.07_01.jpg .jpg]P150710_16.06.jpg
there tidied that up a bit carbon battery box and fuse lid and intake

#14 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

Ha ha that actually looks really tidy mate although personally id of gotten the darker coloured carbon fibre because i like the dark side :ph34r: that dark red has REALLY grown on me to when i first saw a red one i thought it just looked like a blood clot but now with a good lick a polish on it dosent half come up well what happend to ur ford badge aswell?

Mike

#15 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

Ha ha that actually looks really tidy mate although personally id of gotten the darker coloured carbon fibre because i like the dark side :ph34r: that dark red has REALLY grown on me to when i first saw a red one i thought it just looked like a blood clot but now with a good lick a polish on it dosent half come up well what happend to ur ford badge aswell?

Mike

the pepper red ive seen on other fords isnt metallic mine is and with a good polish on it it stays shiny for weeks and the colour really shows up the badge was blacked out blue on red wasnt working and the coloured gel ones i wasnt keen on couldnt get the colours i wanted
i think this pic shows the colour up a bit better thats with 1 wipe over with proshine on the car and tyres and alloys etc

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users