Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Been At It Again

artscot79

post-8800-127809003915_thumb.jpgpost-8800-127809003158_thumb.jpgpost-8800-127809003079_thumb.jpgpost-8800-127809002945_thumb.jpg

couldnt help it had to get under the bonnet and take the exhaust heat shield off and polish it do a few other bits and a nice chrome engine mount top

lookin very tidy mate

still not happy though still needs a few more touches and ive got a few in mind dont know why the same topics been posted twice though

You have to much spare time :P i gave up cleaning the engine bay gets covered in dust and cow crap + mine has absoutly no markings on ie writing its all just black and silver it dosent even say its a zetec lol how good :blink:

Mike

Hi, hows your knuckles mate after all the pollishing im sure their sore as hell lol,

Your engine bay looks excellent, if possible an aluminium or brushed stainless steel remake of the slam plate would really make it shine along with your polished manifold cover would look mint, any good steel fabricator should be able to make you up one for less than 50 using your original one as a template. Happy Modding :)

Hi, hows your knuckles mate after all the pollishing im sure their sore as hell lol,

Your engine bay looks excellent, if possible an aluminium or brushed stainless steel remake of the slam plate would really make it shine along with your polished manifold cover would look mint, any good steel fabricator should be able to make you up one for less than 50 using your original one as a template. Happy Modding :)

believe it or not all i polished was the manifold cover and that was it engine seems to stay pretty clean on its own once youve done it once ill be looking into some stainless stuff sounds like an idea with the slam panel

I do wish my engine looked like this.... superb mate you've obviously got a lot of time for your car, I thought I did washing it 3 times a week and a wax once every two weeks.. LOL

whats that silver stuff on the fuse box and the air intake? it doesnt look very neat.

whats that silver stuff on the fuse box and the air intake? it doesnt look very neat.

yeah that was heat reflective stuff thats being replaced in next two weeks with silver carbon fibre jobs as well as the battery cover that was a poor attempt that one never liked it thats why i ordered up some carbon fibre to redo it all properly

yeah ive been planning that myself, let me know how it goes.

Did someone mention Carbon-Fibre? Check thes batterys out Bralle Battery the lightest car battery;s on the marcket cased in real carbon fibre, not sure what size would be needed but would shave pounds off the front end. Also when removing the tape from your engine bay i sinceerly recommend using this stuffClick Here it stinks of oranges but works wonders, wipe clean surface, doesnt strip paint just sticky tape and badges i used it to de-badge abd de-side strip my starlet.

• 2 weeks later...

post-8800-127921144092_thumb.jpg.jpg]

Did someone mention Carbon-Fibre? Check thes batterys out Bralle Battery the lightest car battery;s on the marcket cased in real carbon fibre, not sure what size would be needed but would shave pounds off the front end. Also when removing the tape from your engine bay i sinceerly recommend using this stuffClick Here it stinks of oranges but works wonders, wipe clean surface, doesnt strip paint just sticky tape and badges i used it to de-badge abd de-side strip my starlet.

post-8800-127921143047_thumb.jpg

there tidied that up a bit carbon battery box and fuse lid and intake

post-8800-127921144092_thumb.jpg.jpg]post-8800-127921155373_thumb.jpg

there tidied that up a bit carbon battery box and fuse lid and intake

Ha ha that actually looks really tidy mate although personally id of gotten the darker coloured carbon fibre because i like the dark side :ph34r: that dark red has REALLY grown on me to when i first saw a red one i thought it just looked like a blood clot but now with a good lick a polish on it dosent half come up well what happend to ur ford badge aswell?

Mike

Ha ha that actually looks really tidy mate although personally id of gotten the darker coloured carbon fibre because i like the dark side :ph34r: that dark red has REALLY grown on me to when i first saw a red one i thought it just looked like a blood clot but now with a good lick a polish on it dosent half come up well what happend to ur ford badge aswell?

Mike

the pepper red ive seen on other fords isnt metallic mine is and with a good polish on it it stays shiny for weeks and the colour really shows up the badge was blacked out blue on red wasnt working and the coloured gel ones i wasnt keen on couldnt get the colours i wanted post-8800-127929734067_thumb.jpg

i think this pic shows the colour up a bit better thats with 1 wipe over with proshine on the car and tyres and alloys etc

Mike

the pepper red ive seen on other fords isnt metallic mine is and with a good polish on it it stays shiny for weeks and the colour really shows up the badge was blacked out blue on red wasnt working and the coloured gel ones i wasnt keen on couldnt get the colours i wanted post-8800-127929734067_thumb.jpg

i think this pic shows the colour up a bit better thats with 1 wipe over with proshine on the car and tyres and alloys etc

the darker carbon was too dark really with the red the silver seemed to go better so went for that

the darker carbon was too dark really with the red the silver seemed to go better so went for that

The bloodey colour is faded out of my rear badge it was black/yellow/red. its now black/sorta yellow/orange NOT HAPPY!! mine gets to shiny i think i prefer the "used and abused" look its currently supporting after 3 weeks of torture with no wash muahahha (not outta choice theres a hosepipe ban on :( ) ust bought a tonne of turtle wax products that were on special offer at Halfords so wating to give those a good try.

My only real beef with the origonal focus (not poo pooing urs here or anyones for that matter) is the black lower trims on the bumper and sides me being the freak i am i like things to match "check this for ocd ive been doing my bedroom out and ive picked my bed out because the colour stitching matches the colour of the walls" all in all nice car art i might buy if off you if i can part myself with my poor abused little trojan :P

Mike

The bloodey colour is faded out of my rear badge it was black/yellow/red. its now black/sorta yellow/orange NOT HAPPY!! mine gets to shiny i think i prefer the "used and abused" look its currently supporting after 3 weeks of torture with no wash muahahha (not outta choice theres a hosepipe ban on :( ) ust bought a tonne of turtle wax products that were on special offer at halfords so wating to give those a good try.

My only real beef with the origonal focus (not poo pooing urs here or anyones for that matter) is the black lower trims on the bumper and sides me being the freak i am i like things to match "check this for ocd ive been doing my bedroom out and ive picked my bed out because the colour stitching matches the colour of the walls" all in all nice car art i might buy if off you if i can part myself with my poor abused little trojan :P

Mike

get some proshine mate no water needed it washes and waxes i know i know it will damage paint etc but it doesnt i can testify to that ive used it and gaz has seen it http://www.proshine.com/ watch the vid ive tried the paint part on an old panel from the shed and it really does work use it on the black trim etc windows at a tenner for 750ml bottle what have you got to lose real carnuba wax in it as well used by mercedes ferrari etc

ive seen a focus round my way with the black bits colour coded and to be honest it doesnt work it just looks wrong usually i colour code things lie that but after seeing some colour coded ones on other focuses ive decided not to just doesnt look right only on silver does it seem to work

i might invest in some of that if this keeps up id still be tempted to wash the car first before i put that on it though lol

i might invest in some of that if this keeps up id still be tempted to wash the car first before i put that on it though lol

to be honest after using it on my sisters car which was manking it didnt do any damage it has a special lifting agent and protective coating that lifts the dirt off but still if the car was a little bit dirty just use it straight if it was really dirty then ide wash it too just to be on the safe side best part is with that coating on the car it gets dirty it rains free wash the crud just slides off

Hey Artscot, Looking very neat, Im looking to do something similar, I have a few questions.

- Where did you get your paint from, And how much did you pay?

- The brake callipers/drums, Do you have to remove these to paint them?

- Under the bonnet, Did you paint the components while they were fitted? Or remove them first? If so how difficult was this, And do you have to drain the engine oil before you remove those bolts from the top of the block.

Any help much appreciated mate.

i use the same stuf but a different name with no problems.

http://www.idealworl...ipBanner-_-GLBB

yep same stuff new name lol akll the rage these days

cressws1 the paint was about 5 or 6 quid its engine laquer high heat stuff you dont need the high heat though for the bits i painted so engine laquer is fine the calipers and drums were done in situ this is where a small pack of artists brushes come in extremely handy the cheap ones kids get with painting books the engine bits all done in situ including the head bolts simply use artists brushes you could mask bits off if you wanted to depends how steady youre hand is just rough the bits you want to paint up a bit no undercoat with this stuff just straight to the roughened up metal

Cool. How long did you leave it to dry before running the car?

Cool. How long did you leave it to dry before running the car?

best to leave it for at ;least 8 hours so i did it early in the day so that it was fine forusing the car the next day if youre using it on any platic use flexible plastic primer first