Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Veggie Oil

chris1200

Folks

I have a 97 mondeo 1.8td with 140k miles

Has anyone used veggie oil instead of diesel in one of these?

If it requires lots of modifications (or ANY modifications!!) im not going to bother, but if someone has tried it without mods id be glad to hear your experiences.

this is what i was thinking of in particular as it appears to work on some cars......90% new(unused) veg oil and 10% white spirit or similar.

Please please dont give me deep technical answers as i wouldnt know what youre talking about and all youd be doing is giving yourself sore typing fingers for no benefit........... so i guess its either yes or no!! lol

Many thanks

Chris

Folks

I have a 97 mondeo 1.8td with 140k miles

Has anyone used veggie oil instead of diesel in one of these?

If it requires lots of modifications (or ANY modifications!!) im not going to bother, but if someone has tried it without mods id be glad to hear your experiences.

this is what i was thinking of in particular as it appears to work on some cars......90% new(unused) veg oil and 10% white spirit or similar.

Please please dont give me deep technical answers as i wouldnt know what youre talking about and all youd be doing is giving yourself sore typing fingers for no benefit........... so i guess its either yes or no!! lol

Many thanks

Chris

in short if you run it on veggie oil unmodified it will knacker the car even the vw diesels have been scrapped because of people doing this if you get it modified which i believe is £400 quid you then need to buy the oil its not as simple as empty oil in the oil has to be dirty and then filtered etc the cost of this oil isnt cheap and to be honest ios pointless youll get clogged filters and lower power output if youre caught using oil straight from say asda youll get busted for it as its not legal the smell from the car would give you away lol

It depends on what sort of injector pump is fitted to your car. Ford fitted two different types, a Bosch pump or a RotoDiesel pump. The Bosch pump is able to handle the vegetable oil, the RotoDiesel pump cannot and vegetable oil WILL kill it.

There are other issues to consider as well, such as loss of power, and higher fuel consumption. A litre of vegetable oil contains less energy then a litre of diesel. You will also have to change the fuel filter much more often, as they tend to block when using vegetable oil. Also you may have starting problems from cold.

By the time you have brought the oil, added white spirit or whatever to it you won't be saving much, personally I don't think its worth the hassle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club