Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Locking

Rod

I have Fiesta 2009 1.6 diesel. The car has the Ford Power start ( start button/no ignition key). i have discovered that the hatch does not lock when the doors are locked. The handbook is useless - refer to dealer for programming - I am sure there is a simple way to lock the hatch with the doors but how is it done?

Can any one help please?

I have Fiesta 2009 1.6 diesel. The car has the Ford Power start ( start button/no ignition key). i have discovered that the hatch does not lock when the doors are locked. The handbook is useless - refer to dealer for programming - I am sure there is a simple way to lock the hatch with the doors but how is it done?

Can any one help please?

Are you saying you can open the boot by pressing the release button when the doors are locked and you don't have the key in your pocket? :huh: There's a sensor that checks the key is within 1m of the boot and shouldn't let it open otherwise.

Are you saying you can open the boot by pressing the release button when the doors are locked and you don't have the key in your pocket? :huh: There's a sensor that checks the key is within 1m of the boot and shouldn't let it open otherwise.

Hi Anthony,

Thnks for your response. The situation is that when the doors are locked either by the button on the door handle or by the 'fob' I have discovered that the hatch was not locked. I would like to know how to lock all the doors and hatch at the same time - I presume that the fob needs to be reprogrammed.

Best wishes

Rod

hi

when you lock the car do you still have hold of the fob when you try the boot , because if you have the fob on your person the boot will open after locking all doors i have keyless entry and this happens,so i have just been and tried to open the boot with my keys left indoors and it will not open.

hope this is of any help tongue.gif

hi

when you lock the car do you still have hold of the fob when you try the boot , because if you have the fob on your person the boot will open after locking all doors i have keyless entry and this happens,so i have just been and tried to open the boot with my keys left indoors and it will not open.

hope this is of any help tongue.gif

Thanks - spot on. Just tried this and it works. Many thanks.

Rod

• 10 years later...

I have just bought a Ford fiesta titanium when I lock the doors and check its locked the boot still opens can anyone explain why this happens. Thank you 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club