3 replies to this topic

#1 peten

peten

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8 zetec

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

Hi,

I have searched this forum for the answer to my problem but couldn't find anything conclusive. The mrs drives a 1999 1.8 zetec focus with 110k on the clock. The problem is consistent high revving when in between gears and really stuttery tick over sometimes stalling. the engine revs as high as 4k with the clutch depressed and sometimes ticks over at 3k even when in gear meaning the car drives itself. it sometimes cruises along at 60 without touching the acc pedal. I read that it could be the battery, we changed it about a year ago, it's a maura silver alloy, which i'm lead to believe is the correct type. I've tried the dashboard secret but it comes up with no dtc. There are so many sensors i don't want to start replacing them if i don't know for certain it's going to work. Also due its test soon so probably wont pass if its not ticking over very well! Help! Would a proper diagnostic reveal more than the dashboard test?

All replies greatly appreciated

Pete

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Hi,

I have searched this forum for the answer to my problem but couldn't find anything conclusive. The mrs drives a 1999 1.8 zetec focus with 110k on the clock. The problem is consistent high revving when in between gears and really stuttery tick over sometimes stalling. the engine revs as high as 4k with the clutch depressed and sometimes ticks over at 3k even when in gear meaning the car drives itself. it sometimes cruises along at 60 without touching the acc pedal. I read that it could be the battery, we changed it about a year ago, it's a maura silver alloy, which i'm lead to believe is the correct type. I've tried the dashboard secret but it comes up with no dtc. There are so many sensors i don't want to start replacing them if i don't know for certain it's going to work. Also due its test soon so probably wont pass if its not ticking over very well! Help! Would a proper diagnostic reveal more than the dashboard test?

All replies greatly appreciated

Pete

battery is fine its the ight one ide get a diagnostic that many sensors youll save youreself cash pinpointing the exact thing thats wrong

#3 DAS

DAS

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk3, focus mk1 2.0 esp

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

yeah i agree with artscot, when doing the "dash trick" it only shows dtcs that exist within the HEC module (cluster) not in any of the other modules. so you should take it to a garage and get a full diagnostic done on it.

#4 peten

peten

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8 zetec

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

yeah i agree with artscot, when doing the "dash trick" it only shows dtcs that exist within the HEC module (cluster) not in any of the other modules. so you should take it to a garage and get a full diagnostic done on it.

thanks for the replies. i'll get a diagnostic done and report back

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users