Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accident Damage- opinions

kerry

Hi, i'm new and looking for some opinions please.

I have a Fiesta zetec climate 55plate newest shape.

Yesterday on leaving my house i found that my car was not where i had parked it!!

What had happened was a BMW travelling down my road had swerved to miss another car and gone into mine.... my car was parked nose to nose with a Freeander..... So, the BMW had hit the rear of my car shunting it into the nose of the Freeander and causing 15ft of movement to 2 cars parked with handbrakes on.

The cosmetic damage to my car IMO doesnt look that bad, there is damage to rear offside bumper and boot, the bumper is touching the rear offside wheel. The front bumper, grille, HLs and bonnet have been moved up and out (a screw from the freelander is embedded in the grille) ?engine bay movement. The passenger door will only open about 2" after that there is resistance.

Here is the crux. Do you think the car will be written off? The owners of the BMW and Freelander think their cars are (i saw neither), and with the movement of my car- 15ft- will there be chassis/floor damage?

I'm kinda hoping the car is a total loss as i dont think i'd be happy to drive it anymore in case of floor damage. Will the garage thoroughly check chassis frame?

I'm fully insured and have GAPinsurance also. I know its hard to make an opinion without seeing it but any insight greatly appreciated.

If it has been hit that hard and travelled 15 ft then i would probably think that will be written off. As long as it goes to a proffessional garage then they will check it properly.

Really sorry to hear about this though and hope you get it sorted soon.

I would say so, if the door wont open its obviously bent/twisted the body/chassis. Total waste of time and money repairing it. Get some pics up and hope the insurance company deal with it swiftly.

Thanks for the replies, confirms what i thought.

I've had a bit of a closer look today (seeing as the car is still outside my house and not being collected 'til tomorrow)...

The exhaust is bent double, the radiator caved in, there looks to be some intrusion in the drivers footwell and the rear o/s panels look 'bowed'.

Its a shame because i'd just decided to finish the finance and keep the car!!

Maybe now i can get the "all new Fiesta" :-)

• 1 month later...

Huurah!! Good news!!

The car was a total loss, the insurers have settled as have the GAP insurance and yesterday i put an order in for an 'all new' Fiesta Zetec, panther black...... They drive really well and i cant wait to take delivery!!

And again i took out Gap because without it i would not be so happy right now had i not before.

Hi and welcome Kerry, glad to see your getting a new car and best of luck with it :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club