Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With New Car

yabbiebee

:rolleyes: hi im new to the forum, ive just brought myself ford focus studio 1.6 tdci estate on a 55 plate which ive been told is a mk2 not sure if it is or not is there a way i can tell ?

firstly it didnt come with a remote key ive just got two normal keys and then this other flat bit of plastic that almost looks like a keycard type thing no idea what its for ? anyway i would like to know if i can get a remote key sorted out is there any sort of diy/mod job i can carry out to have a remote key.

second question is about fitting a roof rail or thule system. i got a price for the front to back rails from ford and they wanted £175 each :blink: or a thule which i think will be cheaper but im unsure of the type of foot i need. i was told it might have fixed points and i can just bolt the thule onto the car with out the need of the rail. i know it has the gutter type strip but not sure on where to find the fixed bit was told i would need to unblock it before i could use it :huh: .

thanks for any help jay

Welcome to the forum here is a link to remote central locking kit, I’ve purchased from them before and if you request during purchase they give you a model specific wiring diagram which makes it a lot easier, don’t need to change current locking modulators either or chase cables to all the doors just locate the central control unit, most likely in the driver’s door or footwell.

Remote Central Locking Kit

Welcome to the forum here is a link to remote central locking kit, I’ve purchased from them before and if you request during purchase they give you a model specific wiring diagram which makes it a lot easier, don’t need to change current locking modulators either or chase cables to all the doors just locate the central control unit, most likely in the driver’s door or footwell.

Remote Central Locking Kit

thanks for the fast reply im going to get onto this straight away when i brought the car i thought because it was a 55 plate it would come with the car how wrong was i lol thanks jay

• Like 1

thanks for the fast reply im going to get onto this straight away when i brought the car i thought because it was a 55 plate it would come with the car how wrong was i lol thanks jay

Im glad to be able to help,with the exception of Hyundai, Fiat, Kia, and Skoda,i also would expect any car ispecially ford to have remote centeral locking from 1998 onwards. if you buy that kit it has instructions on how to use your existing system to work with it, (ie. join fords green cable to our blue one) you just need the black box and the fobs from the kit it will work with your existing system, they used to sell a kit for cars with central locking already installed, its the same just without the locking servo's. only problem i found with their systems was the wirless range isint the best but works up 12feet distance from the car. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club