Photo

Undecided

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

Decided last year that i was going to get some window tints. Its only now that i am getting around to it :lol:
I am undecided however, on to go for all windows and sun strip or only back 3 (I am also aware of % laws on the fronts)
What are peoples thoughts/experiences on driving with tints in each scenario?
Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 RCJ

RCJ

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 461 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Ford Fiesta S1600

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:52 PM

Id go with the 3 at the back... i know you can tint the front slightly, but surely thats a waste of money for a tiny percentage?

#3 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,381 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Mk2.5 Focus ZetecS 1.6TDCi superleggero
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

Iíd go for the 3 back and sun strip mate, reason id go for the sun strip is because I had back 3 tinted with limonene 100% black out tint and with the light coming in the front I couldnít see out the back window using the rear view mirror :o so had to get sun strip done which made it easier, maybe tinted wind deflectors on front to continue the tinted flow on the side from the rear windows,

#4 Gazjs

Gazjs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

Id go with the 3 at the back... i know you can tint the front slightly, but surely thats a waste of money for a tiny percentage?

Yeah I agree here, not sure how much the police would stop me also for the fronts.

Iíd go for the 3 back and sun strip mate, reason id go for the sun strip is because I had back 3 tinted with limonene 100% black out tint and with the light coming in the front I couldnít see out the back window using the rear view mirror :o so had to get sun strip done which made it easier, maybe tinted wind deflectors on front to continue the tinted flow on the side from the rear windows,

I already have tinted deflectors, not sure the sun strip and back 3 would look good, do you have any pictures?
Thanks

#5 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

Yeah I agree here, not sure how much the police would stop me also for the fronts.

I already have tinted deflectors, not sure the sun strip and back 3 would look good, do you have any pictures?
Thanks

I dont have a mark 7 yet mate, waiting for january the car i had tinted was my old mk3 Starlet ill post picsso you can see the limo tint on it and prommise ill remove them after 24hrs as im sure they wont be welcome :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

[IMG]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/lennymanwoods/27062009443.jpg

[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/lennymanwoods/Picture005.jpg[/IMG][/img]
[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/lennymanwoods/29072009498.jpg[/img]

#6 Gazjs

Gazjs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

Thanks for the pics, nothing wrong with them, leave them up :)
Actually looks good with just the backs, and the deflectors certainly do carry it over. I got quoted a price of £160 for the back 3, which seems expensive but the guy is really good and has done almost every tint I have seen :lol: With the Fiesta however there is already the darker "border" around the glass, which I am worried will leave the white silvery line ....

#7 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the pics, nothing wrong with them, leave them up :)
Actually looks good with just the backs, and the deflectors certainly do carry it over. I got quoted a price of £160 for the back 3, which seems expensive but the guy is really good and has done almost every tint I have seen :lol: With the Fiesta however there is already the darker "border" around the glass, which I am worried will leave the white silvery line ....

shouldn't do mate my back windows had the black border on them too and they were fine, its worth paying more for the professional job, you dont want it to turn out like a nestle aero bar, the guy that done mine used evian bottled water to apply the tint as he says ''their can be molicule's of dirt or grit in tap water that when the tint dries out can pinture and cause it to deterieate and flake'' i just agreed with him and didnt make eye contact after that :lol: he made a great job of it though.

#8 Gazjs

Gazjs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

Cheers for the pics and advice :D
Going to go up and speak to he guy during the week and possibly book it in :P

#9 cyb

cyb

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 548 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4tdci
  • Year: 2009

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

Cheers for the pics and advice :D
Going to go up and speak to he guy during the week and possibly book it in :P

I would go for the back three but I'm not sure I would opt for limo black - it can make the car look more like a van if the rears are too dark :unsure:

#10 Gazjs

Gazjs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

Agree about the limo tint. Going to go for something that its noticeable but not too noticeable.

#11 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,381 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

Agree about the limo tint. Going to go for something that its noticeable but not too noticeable.

Mine was a bit trial and error, does look like a van :lol: didnít have any other tints to get an idea of at the time, the guy was just throwing percentages at me :lol:

#12 Mk7_Rbj

Mk7_Rbj

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Name: Robert
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.4tdci Titanium
  • Year: 2012

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

I have rears in limo and fronts and little ones forwarrd of A-pillar in light smoke, also have light smoked wind deflectors and NO sun strip (unless its really small and faded between top and bottom i think they look horrible!)

I would not change my decision for the world: although can sometimes be a bit dark when trying to reverse at night!!! :lol:

Posted Image

#13 RCJ

RCJ

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 461 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Ford Fiesta S1600

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

i want my windows tinting, does anyone know if ford will actually do it themselves?

#14 Gazjs

Gazjs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

I have rears in limo and fronts and little ones forwarrd of A-pillar in light smoke, also have light smoked wind deflectors and NO sun strip (unless its really small and faded between top and bottom i think they look horrible!)

I would not change my decision for the world: although can sometimes be a bit dark when trying to reverse at night!!! :lol:

Thanks for the picture. Do you ever get any hassle off the police at all?

#15 Mk7_Rbj

Mk7_Rbj

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Name: Robert
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.4tdci Titanium
  • Year: 2012

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

No hassle from police yet, no
THe fronts dont look quite as dark as on the picture in the flesh tho

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users