Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Undecided

Gazjs

Decided last year that i was going to get some window tints. Its only now that i am getting around to it :lol:

I am undecided however, on to go for all windows and sun strip or only back 3 (I am also aware of % laws on the fronts)

What are peoples thoughts/experiences on driving with tints in each scenario?

Thanks

Id go with the 3 at the back... i know you can tint the front slightly, but surely thats a waste of money for a tiny percentage?

I’d go for the 3 back and sun strip mate, reason id go for the sun strip is because I had back 3 tinted with limonene 100% black out tint and with the light coming in the front I couldn’t see out the back window using the rear view mirror :o so had to get sun strip done which made it easier, maybe tinted wind deflectors on front to continue the tinted flow on the side from the rear windows,

Id go with the 3 at the back... i know you can tint the front slightly, but surely thats a waste of money for a tiny percentage?

Yeah I agree here, not sure how much the police would stop me also for the fronts.

I’d go for the 3 back and sun strip mate, reason id go for the sun strip is because I had back 3 tinted with limonene 100% black out tint and with the light coming in the front I couldn’t see out the back window using the rear view mirror :o so had to get sun strip done which made it easier, maybe tinted wind deflectors on front to continue the tinted flow on the side from the rear windows,

I already have tinted deflectors, not sure the sun strip and back 3 would look good, do you have any pictures?

Thanks

Yeah I agree here, not sure how much the police would stop me also for the fronts.

I already have tinted deflectors, not sure the sun strip and back 3 would look good, do you have any pictures?

Thanks

I dont have a mark 7 yet mate, waiting for january the car i had tinted was my old mk3 Starlet ill post picsso you can see the limo tint on it and prommise ill remove them after 24hrs as im sure they wont be welcome :)

13072009478.jpg

13072009481.jpg

27062009443.jpg

Picture005.jpg

29072009498.jpg

Thanks for the pics, nothing wrong with them, leave them up :)

Actually looks good with just the backs, and the deflectors certainly do carry it over. I got quoted a price of £160 for the back 3, which seems expensive but the guy is really good and has done almost every tint I have seen :lol: With the Fiesta however there is already the darker "border" around the glass, which I am worried will leave the white silvery line ....

Thanks for the pics, nothing wrong with them, leave them up :)

Actually looks good with just the backs, and the deflectors certainly do carry it over. I got quoted a price of £160 for the back 3, which seems expensive but the guy is really good and has done almost every tint I have seen :lol: With the Fiesta however there is already the darker "border" around the glass, which I am worried will leave the white silvery line ....

shouldn't do mate my back windows had the black border on them too and they were fine, its worth paying more for the professional job, you dont want it to turn out like a nestle aero bar, the guy that done mine used evian bottled water to apply the tint as he says ''their can be molicule's of dirt or grit in tap water that when the tint dries out can pinture and cause it to deterieate and flake'' i just agreed with him and didnt make eye contact after that :lol: he made a great job of it though.

Cheers for the pics and advice :D

Going to go up and speak to he guy during the week and possibly book it in :P

Cheers for the pics and advice :D

Going to go up and speak to he guy during the week and possibly book it in :P

I would go for the back three but I'm not sure I would opt for limo black - it can make the car look more like a van if the rears are too dark :unsure:

• Like 1

Agree about the limo tint. Going to go for something that its noticeable but not too noticeable.

• Like 1

Agree about the limo tint. Going to go for something that its noticeable but not too noticeable.

Mine was a bit trial and error, does look like a van :lol: didn’t have any other tints to get an idea of at the time, the guy was just throwing percentages at me :lol:

I have rears in limo and fronts and little ones forwarrd of A-pillar in light smoke, also have light smoked wind deflectors and NO sun strip (unless its really small and faded between top and bottom i think they look horrible!)

I would not change my decision for the world: although can sometimes be a bit dark when trying to reverse at night!!! :lol:

f9fd35d9.jpg

I have rears in limo and fronts and little ones forwarrd of A-pillar in light smoke, also have light smoked wind deflectors and NO sun strip (unless its really small and faded between top and bottom i think they look horrible!)

I would not change my decision for the world: although can sometimes be a bit dark when trying to reverse at night!!! :lol:

Thanks for the picture. Do you ever get any hassle off the police at all?

No hassle from police yet, no

THe fronts dont look quite as dark as on the picture in the flesh tho

Nice tints Mk7_Rbj! I'm sure you will get a few police asking about it but tints do look darker in picture than in real life. I don't think tints would suit my MK4 Fiesta 1.25 do you ? :lol:

No hassle from police yet, no

THe fronts dont look quite as dark as on the picture in the flesh tho

Cheers, light smoke on the fronts may be the way to go then. What price did you pay for the lot?

Cheers, light smoke on the fronts may be the way to go then. What price did you pay for the lot?

light smoke for you mate and if you need somewhere that does them then try this link its not far from ouyr meet and not far from my house they do a lot of work like this http://www.evolutionvaleting.co.uk/content/view/10/28/

Definately about light smoke on the front

and make sure to get the little a pillar window done too otherwise it would look really out of place

have had people saying to me i shoudl have got it done when it quite clearly is!! lol

I paid £100 from Pentagon, but that was with a discount

If i would have had a bit more cash i would have definately got the supaglass tints fitted though

light smoke for you mate and if you need somewhere that does them then try this link its not far from ouyr meet and not far from my house they do a lot of work like this http://www.evolutionvaleting.co.uk/content/view/10/28/

Cheers, had any work done yourself from them? I was going to try out Autotint, but as you will see below, they are rather expensive!

Definately about light smoke on the front

and make sure to get the little a pillar window done too otherwise it would look really out of place

have had people saying to me i shoudl have got it done when it quite clearly is!! lol

I paid £100 from Pentagon, but that was with a discount

If i would have had a bit more cash i would have definately got the supaglass tints fitted though

Wow!, that's a good price .... local tinting business quoted me £160 for rear 3 only! Is Pentagon a local business or spread over?

Im pretty sure Pentagon franchises are all over

I kno i got mine done in Manchester but my mates use a franchise in Birmingham

And they are like the most reputable company, because of their Supaglass, so i dont see why they wouldnt be up north where you are

Managed to speak to the guy today, he agreed £160 for back 3 and front 2. He recommended I get a tint of 20 on the fronts (just legal and police cant do anything about it) and I am sure he said 55 or 60 on the back. What do all these number mean :lol:

Managed to get some pictures of the business of the tints he plans for the car. Apparently this is 55 on fronts, 35 on rears and 20 on back window.

Thought please?

autotint-07.jpg

autotint-06.jpg

autotint-13.jpg

That looks like a pretty good choice ye.

Any numbers being mentioned are generally what percentage of light the tints do/do not let through

Also bear in mind that many cars these days, even little fiestas, have a tint to the window as standard. SO when anyone tells you that a film will keep the window legal it may not be the case.

Hope this helps

That looks like a pretty good choice ye.

Any numbers being mentioned are generally what percentage of light the tints do/do not let through

Also bear in mind that many cars these days, even little fiestas, have a tint to the window as standard. SO when anyone tells you that a film will keep the window legal it may not be the case.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the opinion, I think this is what I may go for :D

Never thought of the second part either, will need to ask the guy before he does it to make sure the front isn't already slightly tinted, last thing i want is to have to rip them off :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club