Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does This Need Fixing?

mogwai

flatspot.jpg

In the above photo you can see a flatspot on one of my front alloy wheels. The tyre itself is not loosing any pressure. Should I get the alloy swapped for a new one? Can it be repaired?

Regards

Russell

Hi Russell.

No - that flat spot cannot be fixed/repaired unfortunatley. You should replace the alloy wheel too to be honest - for safety reasons. Sorry to be the bearer of bad (and expensive) news!

Hi Russell.

No - that flat spot cannot be fixed/repaired unfortunatley. You should replace the alloy wheel too to be honest - for safety reasons. Sorry to be the bearer of bad (and expensive) news!

The best I can find so far is £140. I take it I can reuse the tyre?

The best I can find so far is £140. I take it I can reuse the tyre?

Yep. You can transfer the expensive Bridgestone tyre to the new alloy mate. Some small consolation I guess...

Yep. You can transfer the expensive Bridgestone tyre to the new alloy mate. Some small consolation I guess...

I have already had to replace one of the tyres due to a screw. £110 from Germany :blink:

Not really sure as I just discovered when I was washing the car a few weeks ago. I can only think it was from one of the many potholes round my way. But I don't know which one so claiming off the council would be difficult. I don't remember any particualry bad trips through a pot hole.

It has not disturbed the coating of the alloy at all.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club