Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Idle Control Valve

lucas1787

Hi, Can someone tell me where the idle control valve is on my Focus 1.6 petrol Zetec Treg please. My revs are going up and down when at tick over and I have been told it could be this.So I have some carb cleaner and want to give it a clean, but I dont know where it is. Thanks Dave

It's actually more likely to be the throttle body that needs a cleaning.

its the easiest thing to get too.right at the front of the engine behind the oil dipstick,right next to the throttle body.

its the easiest thing to get too.right at the front of the engine behind the oil dipstick,right next to the throttle body.

Sorry for sounding thick, but what does the throttle body look like.Thanks

a thick hose will run from your airbox straight to the throttle body.the hose is actually attatched to the throttle body. you will see the jubilee clip at the bottom(opposite side is the airbox)and the idle control valve is the tiny thing next to it on the left as you look at it

It's actually more likely to be the throttle body that needs a cleaning.

Its more likely to be the ICV thn the throttle body on the zetec's. Very very common problem

Its more likely to be the ICV thn the throttle body on the zetec's. Very very common problem

Thanks for the info, could the throttle body cause a rattling sound when accelerating?,as it almost sounds like a butterfly valve rattling.Doesnt happean on tick over,just when putting my foot down to change gear etc. Also is this an easy bit to take off and will I need any gaskets etc?Thanks

unsure about the rattling noises you gettin.the idle control valve is dead easy.couple of screws and a clip.the throttle body has rubber around the inside but should be fine.

unsure about the rattling noises you gettin.the idle control valve is dead easy.couple of screws and a clip.the throttle body has rubber around the inside but should be fine.

by the sound of it it could be the butterfly valve on the throttle body is somehow loose than again ide expect that to rattle all the time idle control valve does not cause a rattle sounds like you need the car looked at incase it becomes a serious issue

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club