Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Probe 24V V6 Info On Problems With P Reg Models

JayHS

Hi there everyone

i am very new to this site.. and just looking to find some answers re a probe i have just given a deposit on, ( just got to arrange to go and collect it and hand the cash over)

the car is P reg, 54k miles, 2 owners from new, not much service history but the guy has owned it for over 6 years now.. and has only done 13k in it since he bought it.

my question is.. is this the mk1 or the mk2 probe.. and depending on which mk it is, what problems would it suffer from.

the car is in great condition and there are only two faults, only one ignition Key, and the usual spot of rust on the lid on the sunroof

but I am wondering about the imob problems and electrics. as I have been told to make sure..as the mk1 had problems with the alarm and electrics ( is this the case?? ) just not sure where to start looking if it is a mk1. but the alarm works fine.

any advice would be great

ps this will be my 3rd probe i have owned, but the other 2 were both M reg, and never a fault to be found.

cheers guys n gals

Jay

ps

also looking to retro fit a car alarm with remote unit that works with the central locking doors

and by pass the standard fit ford imob

any advice on this would be great.. like would I have to buy lock actuators to work the door locks, or can i use the central locking units.. not sure

cheers

J

Although you have no way of checking it...the distributors were a known problem on the v6 models...all of a sudden it just wont start, i used to sell a fair few of them years ago

link

Probes are generally bullet-proof, but the distributors sometimes go on the V6's and occasionally rust problems. But basically, a Probe is one of the best cars to buy if you don't know much about cars, as they're usually always fine! Plus, they go like stink!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club