Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cmax 2005 Towbar Help

oatcake

hi all,

i have a focus cmax on a 54 plate and i am thinking of fitting a towbar from here (http://www.towequipe.co.uk/products/towbars-and-towbar-wiring-ford-focus-flange-fixed-towbar/tf-167-new-towbar-fits-flange-ford-focus-c-max-03-on-c-max-kit.html)

my question is do i need to cut the bumper in anyway and is the wiring pretty straight forward. i cant really afford the car spacific wiring kit (£55)

thanks in advance

Andy.

hi all,

i have a focus cmax on a 54 plate and i am thinking of fitting a towbar from here (http://www.towequipe.co.uk/products/towbars-and-towbar-wiring-ford-focus-flange-fixed-towbar/tf-167-new-towbar-fits-flange-ford-focus-c-max-03-on-c-max-kit.html)

my question is do i need to cut the bumper in anyway and is the wiring pretty straight forward. i cant really afford the car spacific wiring kit (£55)

thanks in advance

Andy.

Sorry forgot how to use this reply thingy

The fitting kit instructions say you have to remove a section of bumper 60mm x 25mm from the bottom edge. I fitted a removable type towbar to mine and i had to remove a section of bumper the same size. You can't see it as its right underneath the car.

I bought the wiring kit for mine and it was quite straight forward if you follow the destructions to the letter.

The time consuming bit was removing all the plastic panels etc to get to the bumper nuts and bolts, took me about 3hrs from start to finish from memory.

Link to the one i fitted - http://www.towequipe.co.uk/products/towbars-and-towbar-wiring-ford-focus-detachable-towbar/048-183-bosal-towbar-detach-fits-ford-focus-hat-c-max-03-to-10.html

If you download the fitting instructions for this one it has more details with pics on how to remove the bumper etc

cheers for that, they are alot better pictures than the ones on the link for my towbar.

thanks

andy.

You'll probably have to remove a bit of the bumper so it'll fit. So make sure you really are going to need it before cutting chunks out of the bumper!

hi all,

thanks in advance

Andy.

Hi Oatcake , I fitted a witter towbar to my 04 cmax without to much problem, did have to make small cut in bumper exactly like previous post said ,although this is underneath and compleatly unoticeable. got my bar online and it came with a "free" electrics kit, the sort you have to cut into the loom to fit,the hardest part was dealing with all the panels to get at the wires,came with the warnig bleeper for indicators ,when fitted everything worked just fine running a trailer board, some recomend the dedicated wiring kits, as on some cars it can give warning lights on dash without, but like i say mine works fine

• 5 months later...

I need to fit one to my 07 facelifted CMax. I fitted one to my old 04 and it was easy. I used a multi pole relay from eBay (£20) They do say to use these rather than putting extra load on the car wiring.