Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Consumption

Delly

Hi There,

Does anyone know how many miles I should get on a full tank, mines a ford fiesta 1.4 tdci.

Cheers

Delly

we get around 540 miles :) on a 40 ltr tank

Yep I would agree with that...you can get alittle more but it all depends how you drive it and the best time you will reach optimum MPG will be on long journeys going at about 55mph (hypermiling)

This is like the Citroen C3 advert.

The Fiesta diesel's quoted tank capacity is 43 litres.

It's quoted combined fuel economy figure is 64.2 mpg.

1 litre is 0.219969157 Imperial gallons.

You have 4 hours.

43 litres x 0.219969157 = 9.458673751 gallons.

9.458673751 gallons x 64.2 mpg = 607.2468548142 miles.

yeh depends how you drive, on long motorway journeys they will go forever before needing to be filled up and they don't cost that much to fill eithier, last time i filled mine it cost about £45 from the light coming on. :)

Thanks all for your replies! I have only had it about 6 weeks, I changed from a corsa petrol to save on fuel because I am doing mostly long motorway journeys, and I only drive at 60mph on them. I am only getting max 480 miles and thats driving really gentle, bit dissapointed as I hoped to be getting at least 550 miles on a tank.

after the first service ours really lostened up and was much more economical , we avarage 70 mpg now over a tank full of diesel and we rarely use the moterway

This is like the Citroen C3 advert.

The Fiesta diesel's quoted tank capacity is 43 litres.

It's quoted combined fuel economy figure is 64.2 mpg.

1 litre is 0.219969157 Imperial gallons.

You have 4 hours.

43 litres x 0.219969157 = 9.458673751 gallons.

9.458673751 gallons x 64.2 mpg = 607.2468548142 miles.

the mk7 only has 40 ltr tank (diesel) the petrol has 42 ltr :)

I stand corrected, young sir. My figures were for an early Mk.6, because that's what I've got to play with. :-)

after the first service ours really lostened up and was much more economical , we avarage 70 mpg now over a tank full of diesel and we rarely use the moterway

Your figures dont make any sense mate

you say you get 70mpg (which beats fords claims),

so 40 litre tank= 8.8 Gallons

8.8 gallons x 70 mpg must equal 616 miles per tank full.

Yet in post 2 you tell us you get 540 miles per tank,which is 61 mpg,which is far more realistic.

Dave

im getting about 60mpg on my 1.6 tdci s

Ford love giving us feeble small tanks for such large sophisticated cars.

The mk6 and mk6.5 had a 45 litre petrol tank and now its 42 litres the same as a mk3 fiesta.

The fiesta in my oppinion should have a 50 litre petrol tank and a similar sized diesel tank.

Jamie

I have 1.6 TDCI and only two days ago i got 588 miles with 3 miles to empty. The average mile ended as 74 mpg.

I have 1.6 TDCI and only two days ago i got 588 miles with 3 miles to empty. The average mile ended as 74 mpg.

My trip computer says im averaging 60.7mpg at the moment, but it says im only going to get 490 miles out of a full tank

Ours (1.6tdci) says 51mpg and we just had the refuelling light come on at 320 miles :unsure: I think that says something about the way in which it has been driven this past week :ph34r:

...and they don't cost that much to fill eithier, last time i filled mine it cost about £45...

lol. £45 quid is "not much" to fill up eh !!!

Those can only be the words of someone who's been driving a very short while...

I’m not sure on the relevance of a full tank, I would have thought MPG more important, I’m currently getting 56+ mpg from my 1.4TDCi :)

Your figures dont make any sense mate

you say you get 70mpg (which beats fords claims),

so 40 litre tank= 8.8 Gallons

8.8 gallons x 70 mpg must equal 616 miles per tank full.

Yet in post 2 you tell us you get 540 miles per tank,which is 61 mpg,which is far more realistic.

Dave

when i next fill up ill take a pic of the mpg and of the qouted distance to empty thn u can see , maby the computers arnt that acurate , im just saying wat our computer tells me

• 6 months later...

i just refilled my Ford Fiesta Zetec S TDci (1.6 2010) tank, and the computer says 320miles range?! 0_o is it normal ?!

tks all

i just refilled my Ford Fiesta Zetec S TDci (1.6 2010) tank, and the computer says 320miles range?! 0_o is it normal ?!

tks all

Depends how you drive it! If this car is new to you or you've got a lead foot it will display lower miles remaining due to higher fuel consumption.

If you drive more economically it should increase.

Depends how you drive it! If this car is new to you or you've got a lead foot it will display lower miles remaining due to higher fuel consumption.

If you drive more economically it should increase.

just bought the car last week, had only 3000 Miles ... so its like new. and i dont drive it to fast! ... but 320 Miles range ?! :/

just bought the car last week, had only 3000 Miles ... so its like new. and i dont drive it to fast! ... but 320 Miles range ?! :/

As the car is fairly new the computer doesn't have much to go by when calculating this. 320 miles works out around 42mpg so the previous owner may having been giving it some welly!

Like I said, if you drive more economically the computer will adjust the calculations and it should improve.

As the car is fairly new the computer doesn't have much to go by when calculating this. 320 miles works out around 42mpg so the previous owner may having been giving it some welly!

Like I said, if you drive more economically the computer will adjust the calculations and it should improve.

for this car what is the average mpg you recom ... in a 'normal' use.

for this car what is the average mpg you recom ... in a 'normal' use.

My mpg is in my signature. Average 53mpg but is starting to improve.