• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 classylady

classylady

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: fordfocus

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

help im only getting 95 miles for 20 pounds worth of unleaded can anyone tell me if this is right x

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

help im only getting 95 miles for 20 pounds worth of unleaded can anyone tell me if this is right x

well it depends on the size of engine the mileage of the car etc etc and the price you pay for fuel the type of dreiving you do ie town driving lots of stop and start or mainly motorway driving on average most focuses will do 27mpg all town driving mixed driving 32mpg assuming youre fuel is 1.14p per litre youre mpg would be 24mpg if its 1.20 then youre mpg is 25 which i would say is a bit low however it depends on many factors ie driving with aircon on short journeys etc

#3 zev

zev

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: Ibolya
  • Ford Model: focus i.6L lx petrol
  • Year: 2002

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

well it depends on the size of engine the mileage of the car etc etc and the price you pay for fuel the type of dreiving you do ie town driving lots of stop and start or mainly motorway driving on average most focuses will do 27mpg all town driving mixed driving 32mpg assuming youre fuel is £1.14p per litre youre mpg would be 24mpg if its £1.20 then youre mpg is 25 which i would say is a bit low however it depends on many factors ie driving with aircon on short journeys etc

Hi,
I have a 1.6l focus. I've only had it a few weeks so I'm still sort of testing the mileage. So far I have mainly drove around town to work on weekdays and I did a few miles of motorway driving last weekend. So far I've done over 100 miles on my £20 of fuel and its still gong strong. .
zev

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Hi,
I have a 1.6l focus. I've only had it a few weeks so I'm still sort of testing the mileage. So far I have mainly drove around town to work on weekdays and I did a few miles of motorway driving last weekend. So far I've done over 100 miles on my 20 of fuel and its still gong strong. .
zev

thats roughly around 27mpg which is average see how far you get in total

#5 cressws1

cressws1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8
  • Year: 1999

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

I normally get around 100-115 miles out of 20 (18 litres) of fuel, No air-con, Windows occasionally open. This tends to drop to 90-100 miles from the same amount in the winter due to having heaters/wipers etc on all the time. Not sure whether this is above or below average

#6 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

I normally get around 100-115 miles out of 20 (18 litres) of fuel, No air-con, Windows occasionally open. This tends to drop to 90-100 miles from the same amount in the winter due to having heaters/wipers etc on all the time. Not sure whether this is above or below average

if you paid around 1.16 per litre at 115 miles thats 30mpg i tend to put 15 quid in and ill get 80-90 miles from it before i fill up though the car is not on the red light at this point i usually get between 32mpg and 35 depending

#7 zev

zev

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

thats roughly around 27mpg which is average see how far you get in total

Hi,
I got about 120 miles for my 20 of fuel at 1.15 litre .So I,ve done quite well I think.
zev

#8 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

Hi,
I got about 120 miles for my 20 of fuel at 1.15 litre .So I,ve done quite well I think.
zev

31mpg is pretty good thats pretty much average depending on wether its town or motorway

#9 zev

zev

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

31mpg is pretty good thats pretty much average depending on wether its town or motorway

Thats mixed but mainly town , And its not quite used up the 20 I put in. Cant really get an accurate mileage but near enough.I am quite a carful driver not like some of my friends where their foot is constantly on the brake .
zev

#10 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

Thats mixed but mainly town , And its not quite used up the 20 I put in. Cant really get an accurate mileage but near enough.I am quite a carful driver not like some of my friends where their foot is constantly on the brake .
zev

its still reasonable mpg and nowt to worry about but to the original poster more info is needed to determine if its yioure driving style or a genuine issue what type of driving do you do town/motorway or both?
do you do mainly short trips?
automatic or manual gears?
miloeage/engine size and year of the car

#11 karld39

karld39

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Name: Karl
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.6 Climate Pack 08
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

I have a 1.6 zetec and tend to get 430 miles from a full tank which is about £60 so £20 will get me 140 miles give or take.

Edit : This is with 2 people in the car and air con on , not long distance, just every day use.

#12 RS2KSX

RS2KSX

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2 RS2000 Custom X Pack

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

I got about 650 miles on a recent tour, cost 160 in fuel & 120 in cheap oil!!

2.4 Pinto on 45's with a blown crank oil seal...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users