• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Millzy

Millzy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk4 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:08 PM

just saying hi to everyone really trying to settle in, in the past month i have passed my driving test and have bought a fiesta mk4 1.25 zetec. Ive done some work on her already including a new exhaust from manifold back, a n/s/r light cluster (as The original was cracked), coilpack, both ront lower arm bushes. But i still am not finished i believe that the o/s/r suspension mount is worn as a clonking noise is heard when driving and especially over bumps, i was thought to have cured a misfire by installing the coilpack, but recently has come back, and my rear window wiper is intermittently not working, i beleive it may have somthing to do with some contact points in the boot ? but im not really sure if that the problem

I Will post some pictures here soon

any help would be greatly apreciatted

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jmurray01

jmurray01

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Flight 3dr 1.3 Endura-E
  • Year: 2001

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

Welcome to Ford-Owners-Club! A fellow MK4 owner! :) Yes, the rear wiper issue is common with MK4's. Mine has the same problem. The solution is usually to just slam the boot shut and it will work again. Works for me :lol: Poor boot hinges! Actually, it's probably not your suspension mount that is clunking, it will probably be the anti-roll bar link. My Fiesta has the same problem. Hope you settle in well! And remember, the 1.25 engines are bullet proof, but that doesn't mean they can cope with sludgy oil, so 7,000 mile oil changes is the way to go! If you have no history with the car, go ahead and just give it an oil change now! :)

#3 Al J

Al J

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Zetec
  • Year: 2010

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

Welcome! :)

#4 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

Welcome to the forums

#5 Millzy

Millzy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk4 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

thx for the tips jmurray, forgot to tell you that i have had an oil change in the last month, including fuel filter, air filter, oil Filter, literally just service bits, oh and a pollen/odour filter fitted, so im alrite atm

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users