Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Batteries In Car Remote Keys

starfield

i am thinking of changing the batteries in my car remote, i think that it is not working as well as it should be. is there anything i should know about before changing the batteries.

all advice are welcome.

i have bought the car three months ago from a ford dealer and it is still under warranty. will they change the batteries for free?

Why would you want them to pay for batteries ? A new battery is only £1! Easy to change! ;)

just pull the key apart and replace with a new CR2032 battery

job done in under 30 seconds!

so it is just like changing batteries in a remote control

no, its not as easy as that, you have to reprogram the fob to the car, you do this by swithching the ingnition on and off four or so times until you hear a bong, then press any button on the fob and you should hear another bong.

no, its not as easy as that, you have to reprogram the fob to the car, you do this by swithching the ingnition on and off four or so times until you hear a bong, then press any button on the fob and you should hear another bong.

im sorry but you do not have to reprogramme the fob every time you change the battery ive done about 20 and never ever has it needed reprogrammed ive done both my fobs one of which had a dead battery for months and it diod not need reprogrammed either

well everytime i do one i have to reprogram it. we'll see, the info's there if you need it.

well everytime i do one i have to reprogram it. we'll see, the info's there if you need it.

i will let you know how it goes when i get the batteries

when i had to change my battery in my 2003 focus lx i never had to reprogram it, it all worked fine ???

as i say ive done it for friends who have had dead batteries for weeks and ive done both my remotes and never needed to do it either a first for me having to reprogramme every time you change the batteries

I must say I've never come across the need to reprogram after a battery change, and I've changed quite a few for many makes of car.

I have read somewhere that it is advised that the battery is changed within 10 minutes or so, so perhaps if you leave the battery out for too long then reprogramming would then be necessary

hi all

i just changed the battery in the remote. i am now able to unlock my car from about 15 metres. The battery was cheap (£3.20 for a pair of energizer). The key did not need any reprogramming. The whole operation took less than 3 minutes.

yeah sorry, i only replace dead batteries. hawker is rite, sorry for the misleading advice.