Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Problem

ArcticMonkeys01

Hi all, I'm new to the forums, so hello everyone :D. I've a bit of a problem, I've got a Fiesta Style 56 plate and I'm installing front fog lights, I've bought the switch which allows me to actually put front fog lights on and I've put the switch in but now I'm unable to put the headlights on...I've put the old switch back in and the headlights work but they don't when the new switch is in! Also when I put the high beam on it doesn't stick there (I have to hold it in place for them to stay on)!

I dunno what to try :blink:! Any help would be appreciated!

Was it a new or used switch?

I have just fitted fog lights myself and had no problems at all.

Was it a new or used switch?

I have just fitted fog lights myself and had no problems at all.

It was a used switch, although everything else works such as letting me put side lights, front & rear foglights etc on.

Compare the pins on the 2 switches, it if remember correctly, there is only one extra pin on the switch that allows fog lights.Make sure all pins are straight etc and none are missing. Apart from that, I am out of ideas :lol:

Compare the pins on the 2 switches, it if remember correctly, there is only one extra pin on the switch that allows fog lights.Make sure all pins are straight etc and none are missing. Apart from that, I am out of ideas :lol:

I've just checked and everything is the same, there is 1 extra pin like you said, although the part number, I think it is, the new one says DA at the end and the original one says FA. Would this have anything to do with it? :huh:

I've just checked and everything is the same, there is 1 extra pin like you said, although the part number, I think it is, the new one says DA at the end and the original one says FA. Would this have anything to do with it? :huh:

I was wondering, do the part numbers on the switchs have to be identical? As the original part has FA and the new part has DA, other than that the part numbers are the same.

Part numbers should be different as the switches do different things. Have you got any friends who's switch you could try to see if it is a faulty switch?

Part numbers should be different as the switches do different things. Have you got any friends who's switch you could try to see if it is a faulty switch?

Yeah, I thought that. I haven't but I'm going on Monday to a garage which deals in Ford parts so I'll take it there and see what they say. Fingers crossed they can tell me there and then.

I'll report back and let you know what's happening. :)

Ok so I took the switch to a ford garage close to me and they gave me another switch to try, I put it in and everything worked fine...panic over! Now all I've got to do is get the actual fog lights :lol:.

Yeah he did haha, I put it straight in and everything worked, saved a lot of hassle :P. I'm after the actual fog lamps now, I've got all the surrounds!