Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Van
  • Year: 2010

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:56 AM

Hi Guys,
One for you techies out there. As you know the poor little 1.4Tdci Ford/Citroen/Peugeot engine fitted to my Mk7 (Fiesta Van)is lacking an intercooler. And although I've fitted a " plug in tuning box" and the performance has improved, I am getting round to thinking how much better it could be with an intercooler.

In the past I upgraded one on a LR Discovery 2.5Tdi, manufactured by "Allisport" the difference was noticeable beyond belief. So I'm convinced that if I can fit one to the 1.4 engine I would experience an increase in bhp of around 20-25%. I was thinking of using the one from the 1.6 Tdci engine, I'm assuming it has one, and although a different engine the mountings for the intercooler would be easy to fit in front of the rad. It might mean getting some hoses made up/modified, I would think.

The questions are,

Has anybody actually carried out this modification.
Do Citroen/Peugeot have an intercooler fitted to this engine in any of their range which I might be able to use.

I will be contacting Allisport to see if they can make one c/w hoses but I thought I'd ask the knowledgable chaps on the forum first.

Tone

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 aph1101

aph1101

Local Rep: Cambridgeshire and Rutland

• PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6TDCi Fiesta Titanium

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

Hi,

I have no experience of doing this, but I do know that the 1.6tdci (found in the MK7) is fitted with an intercooler. :)

Hope that helps

#3 fordpartsman

fordpartsman

Area Rep: Midlands

• Super Mod
  • 536 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 Zetec S 1.6 Tdci

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:03 PM

the one in the 1.6 is mounted to the side of the main rad, not infront, i can tell you that much

#4 skyman114

skyman114

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Ford Model: fusion + 2005

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

The questions are,

Has anybody actually carried out this modification.
Do Citroen/Peugeot have an intercooler fitted to this engine in any of their range which I might be able to use.

I will be contacting Allisport to see if they can make one c/w hoses but I thought I'd ask the knowledgable chaps on the forum first.

Tone

Hi Tone a quick google found just what your looking for >

h**p://www.fiestamk6.com/joomla/index.php/ford-fiesta-mk6-engine/35-ford-fiesta-mk6-engine-and-performance/48-ford-fiesta-mk6-intercooler

#5 tone

tone

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Van

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:21 AM

Hi Tone a quick google found just what your looking for >

h**p://www.fiestamk6.com/joomla/index.php/ford-fiesta-mk6-engine/35-ford-fiesta-mk6-engine-and-performance/48-ford-fiesta-mk6-intercooler

Guys
Thanks for your input. I managed to get a look at a 3 Door Zetec S at the local dealers. The intercooler is mounted at the side of the rad but because I had air-con installed the pipework is all situated where the intercooler would go.
Me thinks this will need a little bitv more thought.
But thanks for the replies I will keep you updated.

Tone

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users