Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote 3 Button Key

warehouseman

I have a 2002 Mondeo 2.5 ghia x Estate. It has a 3 button (lock/unlock/unlock back door). Does NOT have any infra-red on the key itself, so I presume frequency controlled. It suddenly stopped working. It isn't the battery - I have tried 2 different CR2032 batteries. There is no clicking sound at all. Looked at the manual. Just said 'press lock&unlock buttons for 4 seconds and the car lights will come on & reset' . Well, as the key is dead there is obviously no communication so nothing happened. The key is fine manually opening and locking. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? Could it be the receiver ?

I have a 2002 Mondeo 2.5 ghia x Estate. It has a 3 button (lock/unlock/unlock back door). Does NOT have any infra-red on the key itself, so I presume frequency controlled. It suddenly stopped working. It isn't the battery - I have tried 2 different CR2032 batteries. There is no clicking sound at all. Looked at the manual. Just said 'press lock&unlock buttons for 4 seconds and the car lights will come on & reset' . Well, as the key is dead there is obviously no communication so nothing happened. The key is fine manually opening and locking. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? Could it be the receiver ?

is the battery in right way around and is it making contact with metal contacts :)

Take your key into a good locksmiths. They will test for a signal.

We dont charge for this service

Take your key into a good locksmiths. They will test for a signal.

We dont charge for this service

second that. i am sure some locksmiths test for free. if not i think you will have to go to ford and get a new key

have you tried reprogramming it? sometimes the lose it when placed next to a microwave/ mobile phone etc.