Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeeking noise

Matt_focus_zetec

Hi

I recently bought a ford focus 1.6 zetec 2002 and when i had it used from 62000 miles i had the alternator belt tensioner done on it under warrenty

Now when i drive it i know the iac is screwed but a new one of them isnt important at the moment but i have a squeek it happens intermittently and i can hear it more on driver side than on passenger as i could hear it mrs couldnt but then again women for ya

i have thought of lots of things what it could be e.g. bushes , tensioners and all sorts even i thought at one point it was the cd player that was nakerd and it was just spinngin disc creating a noise no it wernt

has anyone else had this or could shed some light on it as its driving me mad i hope it isnt any pumps or what not i had the coil pack go on me about a month back but its all ok now

Would be so greatful if anyone could help me with this also i wil be doing a guide shortly on how to change a IAC (Idle air control valve)

Please Helllllllllpppppppppp

Matt :D

What area is the noise coming from? is it when driving in a straight line? round corners? or all the time?

Is it really loud or quiet?

Sorry for all the questions but as much information as possible will hopefully help with finding a solution.

O and welcome to the club

No no its ok don't worry i prob havent been that specific its sounds like when i hit 3000 rpm and coming from dashboard where readio is sounds like behind there buit i have a noisey exhaust when i press it for quick rev it like its pops from just where the round cat is i press down on suspension got my bro to sit in the car he said couldnt hear no squeek and its only when i drive normally i usually hear it after about 1 and half i listend to the tensioners but its not them only thing i thinking is exhaust heatsheild cos the put that back on when i had it or brake pads but it dont happen when i brake

Matt

need any more info let me know

May be the heatshield, or could be a bracket holding hte exhaust squeaking but this wouldnt be intermittently.

Is it not just the dashboard?

This is what i thought is it something in the dashboard i think the windscreen was replaced before i bought it i seen signs of sealent and stuff exhaust brackets are they easy to get to i going to give it a go the weekend but the thing is i dont get when i say intermitent i hear it then it will go like quiet quiet quiet loud loud loud medium quiet then stop i dont get this lol

Matt

So no one else had this noise i had a friend at work tell me the dashboard there is something loose but in all fairness i dont think it is what takes the p i** even more to find the noise is so hard i tried pushing down on suspension i tried reving engine but dont do it but my exhaust does pop a little when going back down to idle would this be cos my IAC Valve is screwed i know it is broken but ford want £50 for a new one bit skint at the mo so just put up with stalling lol

Matt

QUICK UPDATE

Right its defo not engine as ht enoise happened again today suprise suprise so i thought i know foot down on clutch turn engine off see what happens well the noise was still there so ruled that one out nex thing

drums when i press on brakes without handbrake on the noise is like a short squeeking noise

im thinking could well be that even though i can hear it from the front as my brakes do screechhhh in the wet till there warm

last but not least the bottom joint things i am obtaining some what of a very good piece of data this week the ford manuals all on one disc and technical notes up to 03 so i cna phreaps help u lot out but

weekend going to buy a new IAC Valve , oil and a filter as mine may have been changed but still oil a little low for my liking

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Now thought it was the radio cage with play in it but nope removed radio and nothing im thinking tensioner now cos they changed that when i first had the car cos it used to squeek when starting up what u reckon lads take it back and ask them to check it as it was done under warrenty (used car warrenty ran out now) but all there work should be warrentyed shouldn it

Matt

all parts fitted by ford carry a 12 month warrenty, the brake squeek could be cured by some copper slip on the back of the pads and around the caliper sliders.

Nah its defo not brakes i have cleaned them and coppaslipped them i will take it to a garage next month cos i really am getting !Removed! off with it lol

• 1 month later...

FOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD IIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT IT IT WAS ??????????????

well i was cleaning the car the other day and my little sis insited on helping me she wanted to play basically pressing buttons honking horns and turning signals on and such like anyways she sat up in a funny way slouching on the drivers seat and to my dismay "SQUEEK" a loud noise chirpped up i said ot her do what u just did again so she did as i started to rock the steering in a specific way it would squeek but not others i thought are the knucle joint thing need grease NOPE still not done hmmmmmmmmmm i wonder well most of the time when renaults squeek the steering it is the rotary switch so i took the panel off the cowl piece and had a look i found my rotary switch must be sticking out by about 1mm and when u push it back well bend it // flex it the squeek goes wow i found it £35 + vat to me at ford just got to get it fitted for time being i just turn radio up but well done to my little sister so guys and girls want your squeeks knock and bumps diagnosing i will send my sis round to play in your car lol

Matt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club