Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clifford Alram Install Gone Wrong

yabbiebee

hello all

i have a ford focus studio tcdi 1.6 estate with a big problem.

im really need some help i paid for a clifford installer to fit a arrow 5.1 with boot pop and smart windows cost me a sum of £385 :( well its now gone very badly wrong see when i got the car it didnt have a key fob so i thought get someone to install one to the car. so i found this company local to myself and paid for fitting at my home.

problem i now have is the car will not lock as it thinks a door is open so the light stays on all the time on the dash and the interior light stays on too...... this guy has no idea whats gone wrong and has spent two days trying to sort it out but he cant. at the present i have told him i want it removed and to be refunded waiting on a reply still.

so when i lock the car i used to use the key in the door(central locking used to lock everything fine) even this dont work any more i think something has also gone wrong with the central locking system im not sure on how to check it, if i get in the car and lock doors from the inside when i press the clifford button it unlocks the doors but thats it when out the car and try to arm the alarm it wont even lock the doors.

another problem is he was also going to fit a boot pop to the car but what ever he has done the boot always has power and anyone car walk up and open the boot even with the car been locked. when i looked for the remote pop thing he has installed nothing only ran wires to the lock and tapped in, i think the car had boot pop button and nothing at the dash end. i have no barrel to lock the boot so i have removed the power so it dont open.

the alarm wont even go off when armed and any door is opened :angry:

really need some help on this one cheers for any info

it sounds like he has piggybacked into the interior light circut someware and it is noe earthing out giving the impression that a door is open. you would have expected better from a clifford installer its really up to them to sort it all out even if it means removing the alarm and putting good the faults.

the guy has gone back to bristol left me with the car and is not responding to my txt or emails. he wont even give me an invoice for the stuff i brought of him. As ive said now he wont pick up the phone when i call him and not sure where i stand any more :unsure: ive looked at all fuse and everything is ok. am starting to think if i can find where he has tapped into the system and remove it and hopefuly the car will go back to normal.

it sounds like he has piggybacked into the interior light circut someware and it is noe earthing out giving the impression that a door is open. you would have expected better from a clifford installer its really up to them to sort it all out even if it means removing the alarm and putting good the faults.

it may be that the light sensor on the door black plug below the lock has gone this tells the car the doors open or shut if itsd gone it will tell the car its open youll get interior light staying on and the dash light showing a door is open likely the drivers one ide get a new sernsor and fit it ide call clifford as its not really acceptablethe sensor on the door wont allow the alarm to be activated as the sensor is telling the car and alarm that the door has not been shut and therefore armed its pretty straight forward stuff and he should have sussed it out open the door look down to the catch where the door catches on to lock the black square or circle that pushes in thats what needs replaced

are you sure it was a genuine clifford installer, ive had clifford systems before with life time warranties and found clifford systems to be the dogs danglies. the noise from there alarms are also epic!

id put money on it being a problem with the door open sensors, dont have a scooby about the boot poper sorry

if you want to disable it i think the favored location for clifford systems is behind the glove box. there should have been a switch installed to program the clifford system look for that and trace the wiring back, again switch is probably in the glove box

when i asked about the door switch you know the one that lets the car know its open he told me its built into the latch and the door has to be closed thus the lacth has to be in use for car to see door if closed. i could see any other switch on the door..........

the boot pop is very odd ive disconnected the button at rear of car to stop anyone opening the car but also fould the boot pop via the clifford still works :huh: i guess its always got power becuase the ford central locking is not working right.

yes i know where the alarm has been put as i removed all the trim for him and just left the near side door and kick trim on which he managed to break too might i add :angry:

i think it might be done to an earth problem as ive been trying to find a way to sort it people have said its linked with the interior light but im not sure which door is the problem. i think it might be the near side tho as the car did lock on the off side just never on the near side. when you opened the near side and the alarm was armed it would see the door open and didnt go off.

but now it dont lock any doors but it can unlock them :unsure:

i really should have just fitted it myself but i thought i would save time and agrro and pay someone to do it.

when i asked about the door switch you know the one that lets the car know its open he told me its built into the latch and the door has to be closed thus the lacth has to be in use for car to see door if closed. i could see any other switch on the door..........

the boot pop is very odd ive disconnected the button at rear of car to stop anyone opening the car but also fould the boot pop via the clifford still works :huh: i guess its always got power becuase the ford central locking is not working right.

yes i know where the alarm has been put as i removed all the trim for him and just left the near side door and kick trim on which he managed to break too might i add :angry:

i think it might be done to an earth problem as ive been trying to find a way to sort it people have said its linked with the interior light but im not sure which door is the problem. i think it might be the near side tho as the car did lock on the off side just never on the near side. when you opened the near side and the alarm was armed it would see the door open and didnt go off.

but now it dont lock any doors but it can unlock them :unsure:

i really should have just fitted it myself but i thought i would save time and agrro and pay someone to do it.

hes talking rubbish the sensor is not built in it has a switch and 2 wires going to it when the door shuts nothing to do with the latch the door pushes down on the pin in the sensor cutting the electricity to the wires hence the light goes off when its open the pin is fully out and the current flows activating the light this supposed installer is talking junk mate its usually the drivers door that goes first as its the most used and if he broke trim he should have taken less for the install call clifford themselves and complain you may well need to send it to an auto electrician as if its not a switch it could be linked anywhere and by the sounds of it to anytghing

was this from clifford direct or an agent for them?

was this from clifford direct or an agent for them?

i just looked on google for clifford installer around swindon and found one in bristol not sure if i can linky but here it http://www.securemycar.co.uk/

ive looked on the door and cant see that switch i know the type you mean should be 1 on each door right ?

anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram for central locking system ? i want to check fuse numbers too

just made a quick call to mesf and found out they are not Registered :o trading standards i think should be next port of call

ok ive looked for the door switch and can say they must be built into the lock/latch otherwise i havent got any lol..... my question is if i pull the plug to any door would that make the car think the door is closed or would it still show it as a door been open ? i need to try and find out which door it is...when i doo im going to take the lack out and try and find the switch on it

just made a quick call to mesf and found out they are not Registered :o trading standards i think should be next port of call

yes I quick call to trading standards should do the trick. Just used them myself a week or two back [TS] Not a car alarm issue, anyway after a call from TS and then one from myself, all sorted. Company sent a manager around to my house eating humble pie. And just today received a call back from Natalie at Trading Standards asking if the matter had been resolved to my satisfaction.

yes I quick call to trading standards should do the trick. Just used them myself a week or two back [TS] Not a car alarm issue, anyway after a call from TS and then one from myself, all sorted. Company sent a manager around to my house eating humble pie. And just today received a call back from Natalie at Trading Standards asking if the matter had been resolved to my satisfaction.

the reason that light will say door open and light up on dash will be one of the wires going from the drivers door into the interior had same problem with mine took me a while to suss it but if this wire becomes disconected or cut it will give that warning and also keep interior light on its a thin black wire when you look at loom in drivers door pain to get out next to the speaker wires (white white purle)theres a wire there thats the one you need to trace hth

(this is on 2006 focus unsure what model yours is so unsure if this help you)

if the switch is the same as the mondeo it is found on the door piller striker plate just behind the horizontal bar,there should be a plastic plunger.

if the switch is the same as the mondeo it is found on the door piller striker plate just behind the horizontal bar,there should be a plastic plunger.

ive had a look and i dont seem to have ones of these do you have a pic of what it may look like ?

on the mondeo the switch is the plastic plunger block behind the horizontal bar,so as the door shuts it pushes the plunger.

post-1458-128024482449_thumb.jpg

ah i see thanks for that pic make sense nope i dont have one of these either lol looking like its got to go to auto eleccy soon :ph34r:

ah i see thanks for that pic make sense nope i dont have one of these either lol looking like its got to go to auto eleccy soon :ph34r:

yep thats the one thats whet ive got on my focus so i agree auto electrician it will be

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club