• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marshall

Marshall

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: MONDEO MK 3 1.8LX

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

Hello, I have a MK3 1.8LX Mondeo.. and at low revs it misfires (COUGH'S) really annoying!!! I know it's a LX not an ST but it also seems 'SLUGISH' This my third Mondeo and the other two weren't like this.. any ideas please??? A friend said about maybe the 'COILPACK'...

Regards
Marshall

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 GarethJ

GarethJ

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Modeo 1.8LX 51 reg

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

Hello, I have a MK3 1.8LX Mondeo.. and at low revs it misfires (COUGH'S) really annoying!!! I know it's a LX not an ST but it also seems 'SLUGISH' This my third Mondeo and the other two weren't like this.. any ideas please??? A friend said about maybe the 'COILPACK'...

Regards
Marshall

Just bought a Mk3 1.8LX that was also misfiring and I replaced the coil pack, HT leads and spark plugs and it is now running like a dream. Total cost was about 100 but the difference was amazing as it is not a difficult task. Make sure you note the position of the HT leads from the coil pack to the plugs. Hope this is useful

Gareth

#3 jmurray01

jmurray01

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Flight 3dr 1.3 Endura-E
  • Year: 2001

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

Change the spark plugs and see how it runs after that. If not change the distributor and HT leads as well. Oh and injectors!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users