Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shunted!!

AntonyJ

Antony - you get my sympathy vote, that looks pretty nasty for a ‘low speed’ bump and I do think there is a good chance it will be a write off

Put a claim in for whiplash :)

I have to agree with Andy & Andrew on this one, unless you have a genuine reason please don’t claim.

It costs the earth for young drivers to insure motor vehicles and this is partly due to selfish no win no fee mentality sweeping this country.

Sorry to hear about the accident, at least it wasn't your fault I suppose so no NCD lost or anything. The car does look to me as though it could be a write off, the damage seems fairly extensive from what you said.

As if she tried to say that all that happened crawling along in traffic, the airbag would never deploy below 20mph surely!?

Also, please don't sue for whiplash, no blame no claim is everything that's wrong with this country.

Couldn't agree more, the selfish dishonest people robbing from the system are messing it up for everybody else.

There is no such thing as victimless crime - everybody pays for insurance fraud ( except those who aren't insured anyway )

Edited by DanGull
What on earth is going on in this thread? Swearing is not allowed on FOC - that includes altering letters, starring out and using colloquial versions...

Thanks again guys for the all the kind words...

A quick update: Her insurance (which is the same co as mine :rolleyes: ) has accepted full liability (which is no more than I expected). It's getting a bit annoying how many times I get called up by someone different and have to answer the same questions again and again and .... :blink:

Now I'm waiting to hear if/when I'll get my car back.

Googling around, the company that supplied the hideous Megane ("Drive Assist"), have had some bad press. Claims of them trying to make money from the victim by saying they've damaged the car, when that was already there when the car was delivered. Of course you can never know the full truth about these stories, but I was wondering if anyone on here has any good or bad experiences with that outfit?

Cheers,

Antony.

Couldn't agree more, the selfish dishonest sh1tes robbing from the system are fecking it up for everybody else.

There is no such thing as victimless crime - everybody pays for insurance fraud ( except those tw*ts who aren't insured anyway )

Yeah car insurance is ridiculously high becauseof all the false claims that are made.. annoys me.

BTW, how is your car doing now Antony? It's been a few days since the accident right?

Edited by DanGull
Language

Antony, I've been supplied a replacement vehicle from Drive Assist before (Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 POS for the record) and had no problems with them, just don't damage the car whatever you do and keep it fairly clean. What is interesting is the rental cost on the invoice that they give you!

Antony, I've been supplied a replacement vehicle from Drive Assist before (Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 POS for the record) and had no problems with them, just don't damage the car whatever you do and keep it fairly clean. What is interesting is the rental cost on the invoice that they give you!

Cheers, that's reassuring to hear. I wouldn't normally think about putting rental car through a car wash, but I might give this one a full detail before it's collected :)

And it's surprising that the insurers would push us on to more expensive rental companies - surely it's in their interest to keep the costs as low as possible (or am I being naive?)

Yeah car insurance is ridiculously high becauseof all the false claims that are made...pisses me right off.

BTW, how is your car doing now Antony? It's been a few days since the accident right?

Hmmm, yes. You see those programmes on TV about people scamming for tripping on pavements and claiming for serious injuries, then as soon as they think no ones watching they're out laying a new patio... Makes your blood boil :angry:

My ancient company laptop was in the boot and I took it out hoping it had been damaged :rolleyes: But the darned thing survived without a scratch! There's no justice! :P

It was Monday evening, but no news on the repair/writeoff front yet. I'm just hoping that it gets resolved quickly (it's in their interest to given they won't want me charging them for a long rental on the Megane). Also that they're not being cheap and try to move the car from the Ford garage to somewhere else... If I don't hear in the next couple of days I'll start chasing them.

I did the thing of reading your very first paragraph and then scrolling down to see the picture and i did the cats bum mouth thing with the intake of air thing (far, far easier to show in person)

Best thing is that you're hunky dory. I'd hate soemthing like this happening with my car (although most would say it's an improvement) i'd be completely screwed. Any damage over a fiver would probably render my car totaled and i'd get bugger all as a settlement!

I hope that you are settled soon and that your car gets returned to you. Then again if i were you i'd be sort of hoping it's written off, then to recieve a brand new car, but that's me being a bit of an underlying poser. I'll get this out the way there is no way you can be a poser in a MK4!

I thought I'd give you guys a quick update. I called the garage to find out what was happening with my car (nobody thought of calling me to let me know what was going on... :angry: )

They are going to repair it, and not write it off. The cost is apparently £4000, of which £1500 is parts. That's a lot less than I'd expected and nowhere near the 60% it'd have to be to write it off. The work will take about 4 weeks to do, but they're waiting for the parts and don't know how long those will take. So I'll be stuck with the Megane for a good while yet... :o

Hopefully they'll do a good job and it'll be as good as new. If it doesn't feel the same, I guess I'll be trading in a nearly new Fiesta in a few months from now.

Thanks again for all your kind words and sympathy, and your interest in following my little drama (30+ replies and nearly 1000 views on this thread!)

Cheers,

Antony.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club