Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ghia water leak

Nick F

I own a ford fiesta ghia on an s-plate and i beleave it has devloped an internal water leak!!

I live in ashford kent and we had a lot of heavy rain on saturday (6th) sept. and noticed a fair bit of water in the drivers footwell!!

I peeled back my carpet mat and then the main vehicle carpet and found very wet spots on the insulation which covers the main car body! but was bone dry under the pedals which suggested to me that it could not be the windscreen seal or this would be wet too!!

it cannot be from my feet as the main car carpet was bone dry on top, but wet underneath. and i know for a fact that not a lot of water got in the footwell even though i was in and out of the car serveral times

Has anyone else had this problem?? if so any suggestions or if not any ideas

thanks for reading

Are there holes in the floor that are filled with stoppers? One of these may have come out causing water to get in?

hey thanks for your reply.

from what i can see "no" but ill have another look. i was driving in the heavy rain as i was working could it possibley be coming in from elsewhere or underneath elsewhere

The stoppers i am on about are underneath the carpet thats what makes me think it may be one of them.

May be leaking in from the door seal at the bottom but i cant see this happening to be honest.

It's not a sunroof leak (if you have one) is it?

The stoppers i am on about are underneath the carpet thats what makes me think it may be one of them.

May be leaking in from the door seal at the bottom but i cant see this happening to be honest.

It's not a sunroof leak (if you have one) is it?

hey dude. i dont think its the sunroof there was a tiny bit of water at the back of the n/s/f footwell too but only like the size of a "pea" but thats it nothing else

i dont know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Eeeerrrmmm interesting...... are you sure noone has wee'd on your footwell as a joke :lol:

Or you have mice and then made a swimming pool!

Eeeerrrmmm interesting...... are you sure noone has wee'd on your footwell as a joke :lol:

Or you have mice and then made a swimming pool!

lol if i water test it with a watering can over the entire front end and it is still bone dry then it must be coming up from underneath whilst driving. as it has been fine in the rain for over a year unless it was just becoz it was well heavy at da wend????

if your car has air con check the filter housing seals are ok. Has it got a sunroof? This drains down 2 rubber tubes in each A pillar and if the rubber perishes then the water can get into interior.

There is also a drain tube from the heater air intake in front of the windscreen. Is it blocked?

I had a similar problem, but in the passenger footwell, i noticed it sunday, i hovered the water out, and i havent checked weather it has come back yet

if your car has air con check the filter housing seals are ok. Has it got a sunroof? This drains down 2 rubber tubes in each A pillar and if the rubber perishes then the water can get into interior.

There is also a drain tube from the heater air intake in front of the windscreen. Is it blocked?

hey man thanks for the advice where is the air con part and how easy is it to check?? also i have water tested the car including the sunroof but it is now bone dry inside

help me pleaseeeeeeeeee

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club