Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium Stuck In Car Plant (Niehl)

pugsley633

I just though I would post this message to see if anyone else in the same position as me?

I ordered a Fiesta Titanium 1.6 tdci in vision blue with some options on the 13/06/10, the dealer managed to identify a car on the system which was close to the spec I wanted and was going to be built on the 01/07/10.

I popped into the dealer on 02/07/10 and confirmed it had been build and was allocated a chassis number, the car was located in the outward compound in Niehl with an approx delivery into the UK week ending 18/07/10. To verify the car has left the plant the dealer can log onto the ford system and check if it has passed "gate release". A date is logged against this which tells the dealer when it has left for onward shipment.

Checking with the dealer today 23/07/10 the car is still located in the outward compound and has not passed gate release, which means my car has been stuck in the compound now for 3 weeks. With an estimated delivery date into the UK 07/08/10

I am guessing my car requires rework of some description or is being updated to the 2011 model??? Having worked in 3 car plants within the UK this is normally the case. Is anyone else in the same position as me? Or have any info why cars are being held for 3 weeks prior to shipment?

I am at the stage now of requesting not to have the car until the first of September it would be a shame to receive the car only to find out a 2 weeks later the number plate changes from a 10 to 60. Do you think it is reasonable for the dealer to hold the vehicle until September for the new plate? By the way I have a part ex to put in.

On another note I saw a Fiesta Titanium today with the new Sony head unit in it. All I can say is stunning, I hope mine comes with one

I just though I would post this message to see if anyone else in the same position as me?

I ordered a Fiesta Titanium 1.6 tdci in vision blue with some options on the 13/06/10, the dealer managed to identify a car on the system which was close to the spec I wanted and was going to be built on the 01/07/10.

I popped into the dealer on 02/07/10 and confirmed it had been build and was allocated a chassis number, the car was located in the outward compound in Niehl with an approx delivery into the UK week ending 18/07/10. To verify the car has left the plant the dealer can log onto the ford system and check if it has passed "gate release". A date is logged against this which tells the dealer when it has left for onward shipment.

Checking with the dealer today 23/07/10 the car is still located in the outward compound and has not passed gate release, which means my car has been stuck in the compound now for 3 weeks. With an estimated delivery date into the UK 07/08/10

I am guessing my car requires rework of some description or is being updated to the 2011 model??? Having worked in 3 car plants within the UK this is normally the case. Is anyone else in the same position as me? Or have any info why cars are being held for 3 weeks prior to shipment?

I am at the stage now of requesting not to have the car until the first of September it would be a shame to receive the car only to find out a 2 weeks later the number plate changes from a 10 to 60. Do you think it is reasonable for the dealer to hold the vehicle until September for the new plate? By the way I have a part ex to put in.

On another note I saw a Fiesta Titanium today with the new Sony head unit in it. All I can say is stunning, I hope mine comes with one

This doesn't answer your questions I'm afraid but I have the same model as yours (five door Titanium 1.6 TDCI) but in Hot Magenta. After great deliberation I ordered it on the 8th December 2008 with rear parking sensors and bluetooth (the latter was extra at the time) as options and took delivery 6th March 2009. The dealer checked the system and said as I had chosen the 1.6 TDCI engine, there were none in the pipeline and it would therefore be a special order. He said that most of the 1.6 diesels are earmarked for the Focus which makes sense. This was of no real problem to me. Delivery date was given as late February which would probably have been achieved but of course I elected to wait until March for the 09 plate.

As a matter of interest, I have now done nearly 9,000 miles (not a lot I know) but the car was certainly worth waiting for as I am sure you will find. I am glad I chose the 1.6 diesel over the 1.4 as it has a huge amount of 'urge' while still returning nearly 60mpg over very short journeys. I find it hard to fault the car other than the high boot lip which is very vulnerable to marks and the lack of sill kick plates on such a high spec car. Otherwise it is a joy to drive. My only regret is that I would have liked an auto box having been used to them in the past but that is just a personal thing. The auto box wasn't available at the time anyway.

Hope this helps in your wait.

It might be a case of thesrs no room on the boat for your car,so it has to wait for the next boat, or as theres currently a huge surplus of new cars in the Uk compounds,they may well have reduced the frequency of shipments from Vlissengen.

Dave

It might be a case of thesrs no room on the boat for your car,so it has to wait for the next boat, or as theres currently a huge surplus of new cars in the Uk compounds,they may well have reduced the frequency of shipments from Vlissengen.

Dave

Nice one guys I hope it stays over there for a couple more weeks, I need the 60 plate

Nice one guys I hope it stays over there for a couple more weeks, I need the 60 plate

Surely your dealer will hold back registering the car for you to get the 60 plate if you ask (you shouldn't need to ask) ?

Surely your dealer will hold back registering the car for you to get the 60 plate if you ask (you shouldn't need to ask) ?

Update

been to the dealer today still no idea when my car will turn up, good news he will keep it untill september for me with no issues.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club