Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&n Panel Filter

lufc_lad

I've seen a lot of you guys have the K&N panel filter fitted. Can you fill me in on what it actually does?

It must be a pretty good mod but i don't want to order it until im fully sure of what the actual results will be.

Cheers

A K&N filter will help the engine perform better by giving it a better air flow. This results in a few more BHP. But on a small engine in the Fiesta's you wont notice much difference without doing more work such as a remap and a high flow exhaust. For me a K&N filter alone is wasted money, but at the end of the day its your money.

It also in theory never need to be replaced if looked after as i think they get a "million mile" warranty from K&N direct

I've seen a lot of you guys have the K&N panel filter fitted. Can you fill me in on what it actually does?

It must be a pretty good mod but i don't want to order it until im fully sure of what the actual results will be.

Cheers

I have tried the panel filter and the induction kit from K&N,they give me the same hp increase,as I have the full Milltek exhaust system. Induction more noise on acceleration. :D

I could tell you everything it does... But for a Fiesta like yours it will do next to nothing I'm afraid. So theres no point in explaining what it would do in another car. You might get a few more MPG, but that's just depending on how you drive really.

Maybe I'm delusional but I think pick up from about 3500rpm is improved, where normally about 4000rpm is where the engine would come alive. The engine sounds a little more throghty too. I find third gear packs a little more punch in higher revs too. Again, maybe I'm imagining all this but while the difference marginal, I honestly think my car does have a slightly better pickup. I'm happy with the filter myself.

It wont do anything with your car too then j murry

Jamie

• Like 1