Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Wheel Shaking

Leemaxd

Hello all new here and new to the focus, had plenty of fords in my time though.

Wonder if anyone can help, I have got a focus zetec s 09 plate with the 18 inch wheels on, the thing i love the car but I have one problem that is I get a very small steering wheel shake a various speeds, I have had the balencing and the tracking done also had one wheel replaced due to buckleing.

I took another zetec s out the other day and it done the same, someone told me it's the combination of the 18 inch wheels and the sports suspension is this true also the tyres on the front I have noticed are pretty rubbish, I have yokohamas on the back and nexens (cheapos) on the front.

Cheers

Hello all new here and new to the focus, had plenty of fords in my time though.

Wonder if anyone can help, I have got a focus zetec s 09 plate with the 18 inch wheels on, the thing i love the car but I have one problem that is I get a very small steering wheel shake a various speeds, I have had the balencing and the tracking done also had one wheel replaced due to buckleing.

I took another zetec s out the other day and it done the same, someone told me it's the combination of the 18 inch wheels and the sports suspension is this true also the tyres on the front I have noticed are pretty rubbish, I have yokohamas on the back and nexens (cheapos) on the front.

Cheers

the stiffer suspension can and often does give a very very small vibration but not much if the wheels are balanced and at the correct pressures and the trckings done no other wheels are buckled and the suspension has no damage then you are left with looking at driveshafts etc etc etc the lx cl etc dont do it only seems rto be the zetecs so its likely the wheels with the stiffer set up are the cause

Thanks for the reply, yea gonna just have to get used to it, it's nothing realy just very slight, and as I said the other one I drove done the same, totally love the car though so just gonna put it down to the stiff set up and enjoy life with the car.

Mine used to vibrate quite a lot, Had the tracking done now it doesn't vibrate at all.

I have bad experience with tracking, had kwik fit do it twice and they could not get the steering wheel straight so put it in at ford the steering wheel is nice and straight now so don't wanna risk having it done and the steering wheel ending up not straight again, as I said it only very slight vibration.

I have bad experience with tracking, had kwik fit do it twice and they could not get the steering wheel straight so put it in at ford the steering wheel is nice and straight now so don't wanna risk having it done and the steering wheel ending up not straight again, as I said it only very slight vibration.

doesnt take much to slightly buckle an alloy potholes for one will do it even just a slight buckle can be felt

doesnt take much to slightly buckle an alloy potholes for one will do it even just a slight buckle can be felt

Hi, I dont know if its the same thing but there is a vibration through my car that I seem to feel more than any passengers. The steering doesnt shake its just a vibration , Maybe its me being paranoid as I'm new to the focus only had it a few weeks, And there are plenty of potholes where I live I have avoided them but I have also managed to catch a couple.

zev

It's just a side affect of your tyres and suspension. Either return to stock or get used to it :lol:

Yea totally love the car and the looks so well prepared to put up with it, the suspension is the firmest I have ever had in a car.

Yea totally love the car and the looks so well prepared to put up with it, the suspension is the firmest I have ever had in a car.

vibration through the car is usually rear wheels out of balance or buckled slightly tracking should be 4 wheel alignment for the focus just doing the front 2 rarely works

One of my back wheels has not got any weights on it should it have?

The passengers don't feel the shaking though it's just slight on the steering wheel.

vibration through the car is usually rear wheels out of balance or buckled slightly tracking should be 4 wheel alignment for the focus just doing the front 2 rarely works

Ok thanks I will take it in for tracking on a four wheel alignment and see if it improves.

zev x

One of my back wheels has not got any weights on it should it have?

The passengers don't feel the shaking though it's just slight on the steering wheel.

Not necessarily. Wheel balancing is extremely individual to the wheel. That one might not have needed it. Or, maybe it is in fact balanced, but the weights are not on the wheel rim (i loathe this with a passion) but on the inside of the wheel "drum"

Not necessarily. Wheel balancing is extremely individual to the wheel. That one might not have needed it. Or, maybe it is in fact balanced, but the weights are not on the wheel rim (i loathe this with a passion) but on the inside of the wheel "drum"

[/quote

ok cheers

Hi, I've had my car checked by my usual mechanic and it turned out that the vibration running through my car was my brakes apparantly the discs were almost touching the metal and the pads were worn ,my car is alot smoother now,

zev

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club